Ok, before saying that I should not have done all of this at once..... I got a 2008 GS about 6 months ago. I have done some work on it but it seemed to run fine. Replaced the shocks (thanks Baja Ron, they are AWESOME) but did not do much else.

I realized that I did not know how many miles were on the oil so I decided to change it. Oil change kit from Baja Ron too...

While I had everything opened up I decided to fix the parking brake. Found the rear pads were getting a bit low and decided to change them out. Took some time to figure out you could not just push the caliper in but the parking brake needed to be twisted... While I was there I noticed that the brake lights were not working on the left side so I decided to change them out too ( what a pain in the but! )

Then I had the bright idea to swap out the headlight bulbs because I was tired of everyone referring to my ride as the "blind spyder" because I could not see anything at night .

After I put most of it back together I fired it up to see if the headlights were any brighter and I could shed my nickname of shame. That is when I got the VSS fault and the stability control light on... Not sure what the heck is going on but quite disappointed.

So here is what I did...

1. Changed oil
2. Fixed parking break
3. Swapped out brake pads
4. Changed out the taillights in the back for working LED's
5. Put in new (not LED's) headlight bulbs, seemed to be upgraded Sylvania H7's

On the bright side, I did clear the seat switch code by reattaching the seat switch

I thank all in advance and love the info provided in this group!!!