Thread: Laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

Yesterday i had my new 2019 spyder rt limited laser aligned. I’ve only had it for three weeks and I had put 1000 miles on it. I had not thought it was badly aligned just seemed a little off.
    I also had read posts on the forum about premature tire wear and I wanted to prevent that.
    Wow, I am very pleased with the results. Bike handles great.
    In the process of finding someone to align it, I was pleased to discover a dealership that has all the necessary equipment, certified can am mechanic, and reasonable pricing for services.
    I was not only pleased with the results of the alignment, I have found the place that I want my future maintenance done.

Anyone who has not had a laser alignment, I add my voice to the many on this forum.
    It is worth it

Spyder Garage

Formerharletrider were in NE Florida is dealership I am in Lake City and have been looking to get a alignment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Teeman View Post
    Formerharletrider were in NE Florida is dealership I am in Lake City and have been looking to get a alignment.
    Ridenow Powersports in Ocala, Florida

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Formerharleyrider View Post
    Ridenow Powersports in Ocala, Florida
    Curiously following this topic now, as my own experiences with Ride Now Ocala have never been favorable. Not saying things are the same as when I had been there, and hopefully it all remains good for you. All the best with it, enjoy your new machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Curiously following this topic now, as my own experiences with Ride Now Ocala have never been favorable. Not saying things are the same as when I had been there, and hopefully it all remains good for you. All the best with it, enjoy your new machine.
    I would like to hear your issues with Ocala as I just tried them for a laser alignment..if there is something I need to be aware of please pm me. I have been having trouble finding a place I could trust. I was not happy with the Gainesville dealer when it came to service. I know the two are owned by the same people
    Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Just a follow up: I had a service appointment in Ocala at Ridenow Powersports yesterday to install several items.
    Again, I was greeted professionally, the work was excellent, and the price was what I had been told.
    As far as I am concerned I will continue to have my spyder serviced there. I checked and they will also mount, balance, and install tires of my choosing. When my Kendra’s are worn I will be replacing them with car tires.
    Very pleased with this service department!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Formerharleyrider View Post
    Just a follow up: I had a service appointment in Ocala at Ridenow Powersports yesterday to install several items.
    Again, I was greeted professionally, the work was excellent, and the price was what I had been told.
    As far as I am concerned I will continue to have my spyder serviced there. I checked and they will also mount, balance, and install tires of my choosing. When my Kendra’s are worn I will be replacing them with car tires.
    Very pleased with this service department!!!
    Excellent to read this. As I mentioned, possibly personnel and customer satisfaction, plus quality has improved since my visits. Glad it is working out well for you.

Spyder Garage

This thread spawns a couple questions for me as it may tie in to my other post.

1. I'm very interested in knowing the specifics of the handling experience and symptoms that ryders encounter before and after having a Laser Alignment done. In other words, what specific issue(s) does the laser alignment address?

2. In addition, does anyone know of a shop near the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA metro area that is equipped for this?

3. What seems to be the going rate for this service? I'd like to prepare myself for what the shop fees might be.

TIA,
    David
    --
    David in Wa.
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RTL SE6

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

my laser alignment was needed. in curves was easy to feel the need to move handlebars back and forth to keep my line. rode to SC (2018) at a rally and Joe @ squared away did it. rode to highest point in SC and back to rally, what a great improvement. much easier to control in curves, more smooth. the bad alignment can be worse when a passenger is aboard.

seems like cost was about $140??
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Using the philosophy, anything worth doing is worth overdoing, I've had my 14 RT laser aligned twice... and this Spring, I have another date...

Spyder Garage

So, a laser alignment is on my spring to-do list after I get my new front tires installed. Now, I'm on the fence between upgrading my OEM rear Kenda early, or just using it through the upcoming riding season as it has only 3.2K miles on it. Not wanting to spend the $$ on two alignments, should I go ahead and get it done with the new Vredestein fronts, or wait until I have replace the rear? Will likely go to a 215/60R tire..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    So, a laser alignment is on my spring to-do list after I get my new front tires installed. Now, I'm on the fence between upgrading my OEM rear Kenda early, or just using it through the upcoming riding season as it has only 3.2K miles on it. Not wanting to spend the $$ on two alignments, should I go ahead and get it done with the new Vredestein fronts, or wait until I have replace the rear? Will likely go to a 215/60R tire..
    If it is not cost prohibitive, upgrade all three tires at the same time and have one alignment done. Upgrading our rear then front tires was a huge improvement over oem Kendas.