Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mobil One, full synthetic & Rotella T-6

Which Mobil One oil is used in our 1330 Spyders……. I have been looking at the backside labels and can't find any with a JASO rating ……Please state the exact product and weight of the oil ….. Also Rotella has a great rebate until end of Dec.... If anyone has been able to PRINT the rebate form, please share how you accomplished this …. much Thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike,

I have used Mobil 4T it is Jaso and Jaso 2 rated - per their website. It is 10w-40w oil. I have since changed to Rotella T6 as it is as good and cost less (even without the rebate).
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Which Mobil One oil is used in our 1330 Spyders……. I have been looking at the backside labels and can't find any with a JASO rating ……Please state the exact product and weight of the oil ….. Also Rotella has a great rebate until end of Dec.... If anyone has been able to PRINT the rebate form, please share how you accomplished this …. much Thanks …. Mike
    The Mobil 1 oil you are asking about is Mobil 1 Racing 4T. 10W40.

One of the bottles I had on the shelf is labeled JASO MA, another is labeled JASO MA2. Not sure why this is, however I did check the Mobil website and it is stating the oil is JASO MA2 rated.

Our 14 RTS has had Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40 as the only oil used except during engine break in which used the BRP oil.

No complaints against the Mobil 1. Seems those owners that have had oil analysis done for this oil get very good reports.

I decided on the Mobil 1 and have stuck with it based on 540rats independent testing of hundreds of oils. The last time I checked the 540rat blog page, the Mobil 1 was still rated considerably higher in the rankings than the Rotella T6 and other oils that are wet clutch approved. I believe there is one Motul oil that is acceptable for Spyders, but remains very expensive. Want to add, when I last checked the blog, no Amsoil motorcycle products had been tested at that time.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/m...motorcycle-oil
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The Mobil 1 oil you are asking about is Mobil 1 Racing 4T. 10W40.

One of the bottles I had on the shelf is labeled JASO MA, another is labeled JASO MA2. Not sure why this is, however I did check the Mobil website and it is stating the oil is JASO MA2 rated.

Our 14 RTS has had Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40 as the only oil used except during engine break in which used the BRP oil.

No complaints against the Mobil 1. Seems those owners that have had oil analysis done for this oil get very good reports.

I decided on the Mobil 1 and have stuck with it based on 540rats independent testing of hundreds of oils. The last time I checked the 540rat blog page, the Mobil 1 was still rated considerably higher in the rankings than the Rotella T6 and other oils that are wet clutch approved. I believe there is one Motul oil that is acceptable for Spyders, but remains very expensive. Want to add, when I last checked the blog, no Amsoil motorcycle products had been tested at that time.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/m...motorcycle-oil
    I have tested Mobil1 4T 10w40 and Amsoil 10W40 and the Amsoil held up better.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

3923867E-D150-40E2-8394-D4A124A5D60D.jpg78396463-CF5B-44A4-92F1-41F9E85C26D4.jpg

Amsoil on the left, Mobil 1 on the right. Note the mileage.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    3923867E-D150-40E2-8394-D4A124A5D60D.jpg78396463-CF5B-44A4-92F1-41F9E85C26D4.jpg

Amsoil on the left, Mobil 1 on the right. Note the mileage.
    look the same to me? Correction My bad I see what your saying you ran Mobil 1 (in the right column) for 8,654 miles First then tested, then you changed to Ams Oil and run that for 9,666 miles shows (in Left column ) both test show on the same sheet, same sheet is shown twice. Good info Thank You!
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-10-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

THANKS to all that have responded ......I still would like to know if someone has successfully PRINTED the Rebate form ……. I want to but it at Walmart, and the On-line form won't let me because it isn't on the list they have...… but others have bought it at Walmart and got the Re-bate …….Thanks, ..Mike

Spyder Garage

THANKS to all that have responded ......I still would like to know if someone has successfully PRINTED the Rebate form ……. I want to but it at Walmart, and the On-line form won't let me because it isn't on the list they have...… but others have bought it at Walmart and got the Re-bate …….Thanks, ..Mike
    Mike,

Earlier this year I was able to get the rebate after purchasing the oil from Walmart. On the form was listed other for where you purchased it from so I chose that and put in Walmart. Looking at the form now I see that that option has been removed.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Mike what is the web address for that rebate coupon?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I have tested Mobil1 4T 10w40 and Amsoil 10W40 and the Amsoil held up better.
    Yes, I recall that you did switch. I have not switched basically for two reasons, actually three. I change the oil at 5000 miles. Not saying Mobil 1 can not go further, simply, it aligns with a good calendar time frame change interval also for the amount of use our Spyder gets. The other two reasons, essentially, and not discounting oil analysis, but honestly it is not the same as actual testing the oil as 540rat does in his blog. He truly tests oil and has proven method and ranking system, not influenced by any sponsorship or industry input. Add to this, Mobil 1 Racing 10W40 motorcycle oil is the second highest rated motorcycle oil designed for wet clutch use by 540rat, only the Motul oil ranked higher and was almost three times more expensive. Mobil 1 was considerably higher rated in his wear tests when compared to other oils, not Amsoil, that are commonly recommended here.

As many people know and understand, the actual engine is fairly easy on the oil, the gearbox and clutch will tear the molecules apart. Which indicates all the more reason to ensure a high psi rated oil, not actual oil pressure, but rather film strength becomes important, so it shears less over time as the gearbox grinds it up.

At this time, and I checked earlier today, the Amsoil products designated as moto oils have not been tested by him. Possibly when tested I may switch.

Spyder Garage

I just received my rebate check, $7 per gallon. My rebate was from O’Reillys and the forms were in the store. As I recall the T6 was about $21/gallon less $7 rebate.
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I did the rebate online. https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/coup...L0RJWS90NXQ2Lw
    Just got my check.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Geeez ... I knew this would come to an oil thread. Good luck with the rebate form

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Just got my check.
    Bet there are several web addresses for different versions of this form. The one in your link states, "Valid at participating farm retailers only."
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Geeez ... I knew this would come to an oil thread. Good luck with the rebate form
    Yes just what the OP was all about two oils and a rebate form. I think the OP got the info he was looking for with a link to the rebate and more.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Just got my check.
    Great …. who did you buy the oil from ????? ……………...Thanks, Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Yes just what the OP was all about two oils and a rebate form. I think the OP got the info he was looking for with a link to the rebate and more.
    I have had that LINK for awhile ….. But I can't find a way to Print it !!! ...…that's my issue ……….Thanks ….Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Bet there are several web addresses for different versions of this form. The one in your link states, "Valid at participating farm retailers only."
    Great …. who did you but the oil from ????? ……………...Thanks, Mike
    Sorry, I didn't really pay attention to the farm retailers thing. I got mine at Mills Fleet Farm, a huge retailer like Menards, that we have around here. Fleet Farm has it on sale for around $20 every once in awhile. Mills Fleet Farm is on the "select retailer" drop down menu on the rebate form. Maybe you guys have one of the retailers on the drop down menu around you.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

My last ride was a Victory Cross Roads and once I inadvertently ran the oil over 7,000 miles. Oh oh, I better send a sample in to be analyzed. The report came back saying all is good and BTW, there's at least 25K more miles left on this oil. I am now a huge fan of Rotella T-6.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The OP asked about two items, one was a rebate coupon, the other was JASO info regarding Mobil oil. Started as an oil thread, continued as an oil thread and will end as an oil thread, but certainly not a what oil should I run thread.

Very possible the OP when looking at Mobil 1 products was researching Mobil 1 automotive oils, which is actually too good for the motorcycles wet clutch. He asked for clarification on Mobil 1, and rebate info, both of which he has gotten.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't see it unreasonable that riders would comment on various other oils, but that's just me, we all have opinions.

Spyder Garage

OK .. For the OP. Go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and search for Rotella T6 5w40 in the motorcycle forums. You will see a big consensus that when used in shared sump applications, that the T6 5w40 shears down quite a bit in viscosity compared to other m/c specific oils (Amsoil/M1/Motul/etc), when used over longer mileage intervals. It is cheap though, and certainly good enough to use..

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

OK .. For the OP. Go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and search for Rotella T6 5w40 in the motorcycle forums. You will see a big consensus that when used in shared sump applications, that the T6 5w40 shears down quite a bit in viscosity compared to other m/c specific oils (Amsoil/M1/Motul/etc), when used over longer mileage intervals. It is cheap though, and certainly good enough to use..
    Mike, the Blueknight that started this topic seems pretty set on the oils he uses. Either Rotella T6, or I think it was Valvoline as his other choice. Both should prove better than oem BRP oil, but since that oil has not been tested by more than oil sample tests, there is no data of how it rates.

I respect Mike for his New England ways of being both creative in his solutions to items he does not like, and his frugality in wanting good stuff for less. No shame in that if it works.