Spyder Garage

Default Anyone try out this performance package?

Exhaust. Iridium Plugs. K&n filter and dyno jet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    Exhaust. Iridium Plugs. K&n filter
    I did the CAT delete w/baffle cone, and the K&N filter ………. Neither increased the power etc...… the Bosche computer controls the power functions …. and it makes changes to whatever you do in this area to return to the STOCK oem settings ….. The only way around this is to CHANGE the computer settings as in the ECU flash from Monster or the guy in Australia …… I'm willing to change my view on this AFTER I see Dyno results that prove otherwise ( to date NO Dyno numbers from any one ) ……. good luck …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I did the CAT delete w/baffle cone, and the K&N filter ………. Neither increased the power etc...… the Bosche computer controls the power functions …. and it makes changes to whatever you do in this area to return to the STOCK oem settings ….. The only way around this is to CHANGE the computer settings as in the ECU flash from Monster or the guy in Australia …… I'm willing to change my view on this AFTER I see Dyno results that prove otherwise ( to date NO Dyno numbers from any one ) ……. good luck …. Mike
    Been trying to tell folks this for the past year but some just won't believe it. K&Ns don't come into play until after 6k rpm is reached. The only advantage to a cat delete or muffler change is the loss of weight and more noise. Most of us could accomplish the weight reduction and save money by simply going on a diet. Me for one. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No dyno numbers No buy. cueman

Spyder Garage

You think with all that and the dynojet it would have more power

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would hope so, that’s why I’m waiting on the numbers to prove it. cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yea, I would think that also, but then I could be wrong like I've been before. Seems to me (but I could be wrong here again) that someone out there knows of a quick and efficient method of disconnecting the spyder's sensors so as to be able to dyno test it without screwing up the ECU. I know it's been done because I've seen the videos of the guys spinning donuts in the snow out in the shop parking lot without nanny going nutso.

Spyder Garage

I'm surprised that whomever is offering this "performance package" hasn't actually run any performance tests.

Seems sketchy.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll be surprised if anyone publishes numbers. If it added a lot of power wouldn't they want to put it out there?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I'm surprised that whomever is offering this "performance package" hasn't actually run any performance tests.

Seems sketchy.
    It is unlikely that this 'Performance Kit' provides anything beyond the impression of added performance. Looks and sound being the major changes that can reasonably be expected. If this kit actually made an appreciable increase in power, they would publish numbers. Still, for many, this is enough. And nothing wrong with that.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The butt dyno and thinner wallet convince many they made the right choice. How do I know? Because we've all done it a time or two ourselves.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    The butt dyno and thinner wallet convince many they made the right choice. How do I know? Because we've all done it a time or two ourselves.
    You got that right! And probably will again too!

Everyone is looking for a better Snake Oil!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    You think with all that and the dynojet it would have more power
    If your Spyder's engine WAS'NT - Computer controlled … it might …………. Mike

Spyder Garage

I dunno about Dynojet, but the bloke who did my upgrade HAS got dyno results for various engine, ECU, &/other other upgrades that he will talk about with you; but he doesn't publish those results or advertise them, largely because there are sooo many variables involved that are not in any way under his control that can make YOUR specific results a bit different.... (or a lot! ) Even things as small as each day's ambient temps, a different tire size, &/or variations in tire pressures can make a fairly significant difference to Dyno readings taken via the driven wheel/s And while the bulk of the upgrades that he does are sanctioned & done under licence, there is also the potential for people using them in a way that's not strictly recognised as being legal &/or appropriate under the terms of his licencing arrangements... so there can be a whole heap of reasons for not providing specific performance details beyond just not making a big enough difference or showing the world proof of any gains!

However, all that said & considered, as others have already mentioned a number of times, with most modern 'computer controlled' engines and their abundance of sensors reporting on a whole raft of variables, then quite bluntly, there's just not a great deal of scope for getting any significant gains or performance changes without changing some of the embedded specs/ranges via an ECU Upgrade or at least skewing or changing some of the variables being fed back into that ECU that controls the engine running &/or output!! Even back in the days of points, plugs, carbies, & jets etc, you just didn't get all that much in the way of performance gains without changing some of those critical parameters, it's just that you could make those changes yourself rather than re-programming a printed circuit.....

I reckon it duz'n matter much what you do, you just ain't gonna get much performance for little real change in anything but noise!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I've decided to go by my butt Dyno. Cat delete and Two Brothers with a "P1" tip has done wonders for me. MY '16 F3T feels quicker.......to me. If it's all an illusion I'm more that okay with that. The Two Brothers sound reminds me of my old Honda CBR 1100XX/Blackbird that had dual Yoshimora's on it. Personally I'd forfeit a few hp for 20lbs more torgue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please keep us posted my friend! cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lloydw1 View Post
    I've decided to go by my butt Dyno. Cat delete and Two Brothers with a "P1" tip has done wonders for me. MY '16 F3T feels quicker.......to me. If it's all an illusion I'm more that okay with that. The Two Brothers sound reminds me of my old Honda CBR 1100XX/Blackbird that had dual Yoshimora's on it. Personally I'd forfeit a few hp for 20lbs more torgue.
    According to some here, you may have traded low end torque for a little high RPM gain. I'm running the cat delete with a BC thunder baffle in front of 2 Brothers with a baffle I bought on ebay. I modified that baffle by cutting in half. All I really did was modify the noise and dropped 50#'s. Now I get that slight deceleration pop like I used to get with my Harley. but the acceleration sound is tolerable and not offensive. Power and gas millage are still the same as stock. The ECU is still in charge of adjusting for all that modification.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno about Dynojet, but the bloke who did my upgrade HAS got dyno results for various engine, ECU, &/other other upgrades that he will talk about with you; but he doesn't publish those results or advertise them, largely because there are sooo many variables involved that are not in any way under his control that can make YOUR specific results a bit different.... (or a lot! ) Even things as small as each day's ambient temps, a different tire size, &/or variations in tire pressures can make a fairly significant difference to Dyno readings taken via the driven wheel/s And while the bulk of the upgrades that he does are sanctioned & done under licence, there is also the potential for people using them in a way that's not strictly recognised as being legal &/or appropriate under the terms of his licencing arrangements... so there can be a whole heap of reasons for not providing specific performance details beyond just not making a big enough difference or showing the world proof of any gains!

However, all that said & considered, as others have already mentioned a number of times, with most modern 'computer controlled' engines and their abundance of sensors reporting on a whole raft of variables, then quite bluntly, there's just not a great deal of scope for getting any significant gains or performance changes without changing some of the embedded specs/ranges via an ECU Upgrade or at least skewing or changing some of the variables being fed back into that ECU that controls the engine running &/or output!! Even back in the days of points, plugs, carbies, & jets etc, you just didn't get all that much in the way of performance gains without changing some of those critical parameters, it's just that you could make those changes yourself rather than re-programming a printed circuit.....

I reckon it duz'n matter much what you do, you just ain't gonna get much performance for little real change in anything but noise!!
    ...Thank you Peter for spelling it out at length ….. I can't type nearly as fast ( or good ) as you do..... Technology has pretty much canceled the work of the shade tree mechanic ...… Mike

Spyder Garage

I bought it and it's really super neat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will you tell us what you think? cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Will you tell us what you think? cueman
    I thought my sarcasm was clear

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, you got me on that one. cueman