Thread: Alaska

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Alaska

Has anyone done a trip to AK on a Spyder?

Spyder Garage

There have been some intrepid Spyder Ryders who have done that 'North to Alaska' trip!!

Check out these threads, particularly the 'NtA Blog' thread started by SpyderAnn01 in 2015

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...earchid=807424
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-09-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fixed the link?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks much, will do....Whoop, got no match with that.

Spyder Garage

Yes, Yazz was the first and MurphyBrown and her group of twelve or so (including SpyderAnn) visited us for a week and then continued to explore points North.

I lived there for almost 20 years and had the pleasure of meeting up with the NtA group. See my album on the subject. We had a great time.

There is now a problem for Spyder owners that go there. There is now NO dealer for Spyders. He told me they were going to service spyders...but IMO, that is dubious at best. I would check before going. Dealer was Team CC in Eagle River & Wasilla. I bought five of my Spyders from them when I lived there.

Here is a link to the NtA picture album. I have five or so other albums with photos of Alaska over the years.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=3932

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is my biggest concern about Spyder ownership, dealer availability, if available, then competence to do maintenance, and repair. Most would say here, DIY, great idea and I support that, but at some point we get long in tooth and not able those things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    That is my biggest concern about Spyder ownership, dealer availability, if available, then competence to do maintenance, and repair. Most would say here, DIY, great idea and I support that, but at some point we get long in tooth and not able those things.
    All of my experiences with the dealer in AK were good until about 2018. The last two years, the service was not so good. No parts, make an appt. two months in advance, etc. Had I stayed there, I would have been done with Spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Thanks much, will do....Whoop, got no match with that.
    Try this https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t=north+alaska

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Here's that search again, & I've re-done the original

If it's still not working, you should be able to go to Advanced Search, enter the search term 'North to Alaska', change the 'search all posts' to 'search titles only', then hit Search/submit. It should return every thread & some individual posts that discuss heading North to Alaska, including SpyderAnn01's blog & some earlier posts/threads too - some going back almost 10 years!! Hope it works for you now.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...earchid=807424
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-10-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Test:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ka-Blog/page25

This link will take you to page 25 of the blog. At bottom you can access all 24 of the other pages also. This thread had over 600 replies and 120,390 looks.

Of most of the Alaska threads posted over the years, this one is the most complete. IMO of course. Thanks Spyder Ann.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-10-2019 at 02:42 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red