Spyder Garage

Default RS Spyder Floorboards

Been thinking about adding floorboards to my 2014 Spyder RS with SM5 transmission. Has anyone added floorboards to their RS and what did you think of them afterward? Improvement or not? What brand did you go with? The only brand that currently offers floorboards for the RS, at least that I've been able to find, is Rivco. Are there any others? I haven't explored the used market.....are there any used floorboards available?

Spyder Garage

i've been studying on this since i got mine and as soon as i can find a set of good used boards at a swapmeet i'm going to make some mounts for my rs sm5, doesn't look too hard. i would like to find some old victory boards because they are so big but will probably end up with harley boards, i have looked but can't find anything used or new except the 400.00 rivco, too rich for my blood, probably have to extend the brake pedal and and shorten the shifter too.i put rt bars on it and the pegs just don't work.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

Just traded my 13 RS for 18 F3L. If you look on Imotorsports site you'll see 13 RS for sale gray with 22000 miles. Look at the floor boards i made these and sold for awhile. It is a sm5 but will fit either. Very simple to fabricate and install with 2 bolts

Spyder Garage

bmccaffrey, just looked on their site and saw your floorboards. Very interesting, definitely idea inspiring. One question. In your design is the forward mount of the floorboard a clip over the OEM cast footpeg bracket? If so, was there any deflection in the board when you put weight on it, particularly toward the outside front corner?

Spyder Garage

Default floorboards

I have a set of floor boards that were one the bike when I got it. They were ok to rest your feet but you had to lift your feet off to use the brake and gears. So I modified the brakes by adding a leg to the front part of the floor board to operate the brake from the floor boards works great. I also added highway pegs off the floor board so that I could extend my feet during long drives and if I needed to just drop my right foot to the brake. Will be modifying it in the spring as had some minor things I want to change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimz49 View Post
    bmccaffrey, just looked on their site and saw your floorboards. Very interesting, definitely idea inspiring. One question. In your design is the forward mount of the floorboard a clip over the oem cast footpeg bracket? If so, was there any deflection in the board when you put weight on it, particularly toward the outside front corner?
    no i''m 210 not an issue

Spyder Garage

Nokesy, those look a lot like the Rivco floorboards. Interesting that you had to modify them. I was considering the Rivco system, but they are pricey. Are they sturdy? Can you stand on them? Hate the idea that they may need modified, given the price.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

bmccaffrey, just looked on their site and saw your floorboards. Very interesting, definitely idea inspiring. One question. In your design is the forward mount of the floorboard a clip over the OEM cast footpeg bracket? If so, was there any deflection in the board when you put weight on it, particularly toward the outside front corner?
    I purchased a set of those (I think from him) for my 2012 RSS. I loved them. Worked for me, and I am 255 pounds.
    Sorry, I didn't look at the picture before posting. They were not on the bike at this time. For some reason, I cannot delete it, but it still works.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    Here is my Spyder with them check it out I have them at DISCOUNT prices give me a call
    209-887-3283
    Spyder.jpg

Been thinking about adding floorboards to my 2014 Spyder RS with SM5 transmission. Has anyone added floorboards to their RS and what did you think of them afterward? Improvement or not? What brand did you go with? The only brand that currently offers floorboards for the RS, at least that I've been able to find, is Rivco. Are there any others? I haven't explored the used market.....are there any used floorboards available?

Spyder Garage

I really did not have to modify them. Actually did not do anything to the boars just added stuff around. I do that just for me. I can stand on these boards and they are very secure, I'm not that light 300 lbs. The highway pegs I welded a bracket to the underside of the cross piece under the boards, They hold up well, I just want to change the configuration of the highway pegs.

I like to have everything close to operate. The highway pegs are just so I can stretch out on the long rides, not unusual for me to do 1000 klm per day. I have done 32000 klm in a month before so I like the little things that make it comfortable.

Other things I have done is modify the back trunk behind the rear seat to hold a top box with wired lights, added a cb, power amp and gps, heated gloves and jacket and new seat. Got to be comfortable when you ride. last bike I had 5 years sold it with 245,000 klm on it.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

I just got the last set of RIVCO Boards from Dennis Kirk, VAlue Accessories is out. RIVCO is not producing any at RICO until end of January, but contact their sales people. J and P Cycle is supposed to have a set on hand yet. I love the RIVCO Floorboards, and recommend them, the brake pedal is not an issue anymore, I just got used to keeping my heel on the included sport peg when I am in Heavy Braking, and I have also learned to operate the brake with my heel. But I LOVE the RIVCO Boards. Love them Love them Love them, took the bite off my bad back nerve, and it feels more like a snowmobile to me now, adjusting to what may seem is to be an awkward change to the brake is not an issue at all, you really adjust. The change in comfort is well worth the money, and they are more affordable then the ISCI version. Those are prettier, but the RIVCO's are a nice board for half the cost.

I am NOT a fan of the RIVCO Hwy Bars, if you want to give them a try, you can have mine for 20 bucks and shipping, no games, I will be doing the LaMonster Hwy Bars for the RS before Winter breaks up here. You will need a long 240 mm bolt to go with it too, but they are carried at hardware stores, and I can tell you which one you need...the long bolt I describe just simply did not come in my kit which was sold to me as new but came open box. The vendor addressed my issues, but, I was missing correct spacers and the long 240 mm bolt required for the install.

But the RIVCO Floorboards are worth every dime. For the SM5, you will need to order their heal/toe shifter kit, but its well made, I have seen one on a friends Spyder, and he loves his boards too, he recommended them to me.
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

I just installed the RIVCO boards on the 2012 model, no mods required. They will NOT work with RIVCO Highway Bars, trust me they just do not work together. But the floorboard kit was easy to install, no mods required, and they are VERY Sturdy, and I actually feel far SAFER on the trike using these then the spindly plastic pegs (OEM), or the mini boards which came with my RSS. The RIVCO boards WILL work with the LaMonster Hwy Bars....I WILL be doing the LaMonster Highway Bars ASAP.

The RIVCO boards are worth the expense, and are quite sturdy IMHO, I love them. The RIVCO Hwy Bars are just too complex toi install IMHO. I was actually disappointed in that product, I have used RIVCO items on my Indian, older Hogs, and they have awesome Goldwing type products and have had a solid reputation in the WI area for decades, the Hwy Bars are a let down, trust me. But the BOARDS? GET THEM IF YOU CAN FIND THEM>>>>

Spyder Garage

And remember ISCI products are around too....google ISCI Floorboards, they are gorgeous, but expensive.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can get Floorboards from one of our sponsors here http://store.valueaccessories.net/Dr...mSpyderRS.aspx Good price for that type of board.

Per post below they may have to back order them, Thank you for the heads up krakum1967. You know I should have seen that in your post before, my bad!
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-21-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Value Accesories is out, so is Dennis Kirk. RIVCO is not making anymore until End of January. I first bought them at Value Accesories, they had to return my purchase, and then I got the last set at Dennis Kirk, I found another set for a friend at J and P cycle, not sure if they still have them. This information is as of 12/17/19. so its current.

Spyder Garage

I do love the Rivco boards as well, my problem is the size 14 shoe 5e width. I cover the boards so I try to change things around to fit me. So most stuff they sell does not work, I have to make my own.

Spyder Garage

I like your brake pedal, if you make or can make a second one, let me know, I cant weld. Other than that, my son's father in law is going to set me up with a new brake pedal, and help me measure out the arm rests too, its just easier if her has the machine on hand, I am Colorado, he is in Nodak (north dakota), so it will wait till spring at LEAST!!!....lol...oh and I dont need a finish, if you were to make one, and let me know what you would want to do it. I would rather drop the sport pegs on the RIVCOs. Just curious, so no big deal if not at all.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krakum1967 View Post
    I like your brake pedal, if you make or can make a second one, let me know, I cant weld. Other than that, my son's father in law is going to set me up with a new brake pedal, and help me measure out the arm rests too, its just easier if her has the machine on hand, I am Colorado, he is in Nodak (north dakota), so it will wait till spring at LEAST!!!....lol...oh and I dont need a finish, if you were to make one, and let me know what you would want to do it. I would rather drop the sport pegs on the RIVCOs. Just curious, so no big deal if not at all.
    I may be making a new set in the spring, if so I will send them to you for postage. I left the short rivco stubs on as it does give me another sport to put feet and use brake. You can also buy that extending pedal for about $60 bucks, amazon may have it.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a good deal, andno hurry....thanks
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT

Spyder Garage

I studied all the available options and found all of them mounted too high. I ended up making my own for my 2008 GS. Dave

Spyder Garage

i made my own... i also made the 'pegs'... give it a try... good luck....

SAM_1006.jpg

SAM_1012 (1).jpg

SAM_1015.jpg

Spyder Garage

These are my own made boards.. as low as possible.. modified the shifter also and added a hand brake..