Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default H9 Bulb cable "piggyback" adapter

Not sure of its true name, but I have seen it referred to as a PiggyBack Adapter. One end plugs into the harness H9 socket for the high beam headlight bulb and the other plugs onto the bulb itself and there's 2 more wires that you run to a relay.

I have been able to find them for other sizes but not H9. Has anyone seen them and could point me to someone that sells them online (I'm in Australia)

Piggyback adapter.JPG
    Last edited by askitee; 12-07-2019 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Typo
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I bet one of the vendors can hook you up!! A few of them make there own wiring harness for there products! Shoot them a email or PM
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What is it used for? To power some other item when the bulb is lit?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If you can find the harness for an H11 you can modify the H9 bulb easily to fit the socket. Popular trick with Toyota Tacoma owners.
    Upper tab removed with small knife or whatever tool you prefer. Tab in place on left and removed on the right,
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What is it used for? To power some other item when the bulb is lit?
    Correct to power some Baha Design LED driving lights. I'm not keen to tap into the harness for the line to the relay, and saw a H4 version of these at one of the local autopart stores howver the staff said they hadn't seen them for other bulb types.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Correct to power some Baha Design LED driving lights. I'm not keen to tap into the harness for the line to the relay, and saw a H4 version of these at one of the local autopart stores howver the staff said they hadn't seen them for other bulb types.
    Take the easy route. Buy an H9 harness extension and tap into it. They're cheap, less than $10. You'll accomplish what you want without tapping into the OEM harness. Or is your concern simply related to tapping regardless of where you do so? Strip some insulation off the wires, solder them together, and then coat with Liquid Tape and shrink tubing. Be just as good, or better, than any factory assembly. That's what I did to modify the headlight wiring to install a modulator.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take the easy route. Buy an H9 harness extension and tap into it. They're cheap, less than $10. You'll accomplish what you want without tapping into the OEM harness. Or is your concern simply related to tapping regardless of where you do so? Strip some insulation off the wires, solder them together, and then coat with Liquid Tape and shrink tubing. Be just as good, or better, than any factory assembly. That's what I did to modify the headlight wiring to install a modulator.
    My RTL is still under warranty and I don't want to give the dealerships any reason to blame any mods.

This could be plan B.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

MUYI connectors and pigtails on Amazon. Build whatever you want.

Spyder Garage

..... That's what I did to modify the headlight wiring to install a modulator.
    So are you modulating your LED headlights or other LED lights? Do you have a link to buying the modulator? Thanks!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    So are you modulating your LED headlights or other LED lights? Do you have a link to buying the modulator? Thanks!
    Right, headlights. They're LED bulbs from TricLED. This is the Kisan modulator I used https://kisantech.com/p115w-h3.html. They don't have it in plug n play. Now that I think about it it wasn't the harness extension above that I used. I made two extensions using 5 pin connectors like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seal-Kits-A...WS9G7ENX7Uk1jA. The modulator is in the power line to the bulb and modulates both high and low beam.

I can provide more details later if you want.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
    MUYI connectors and pigtails on Amazon. Build whatever you want.
    I must be having a boy look. I've tried 3 searches (H9 Piggy Back, MUYI, H9 Adapter) on Amazon turns up many things but not the thing I need.
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    No, just wanting tap into the hi beam circuit with a manufactured adapter to run to my relay that is powering my driving lights
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Right, headlights. They're LED bulbs from TricLED. This is the Kisan modulator I used https://kisantech.com/p115w-h3.html. They don't have it in plug n play. Now that I think about it it wasn't the harness extension above that I used. I made two extensions using 5 pin connectors like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seal-Kits-A...WS9G7ENX7Uk1jA. The modulator is in the power line to the bulb and modulates both high and low beam.

I can provide more details later if you want.

Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder, its not a modulator I am after, but they do have some interesting gear though Electronics to ... vaudville glove?
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder, its not a modulator I am after, but they do have some interesting gear though Electronics to ... vaudville glove?
    Seaweed was asking about the modulator.

2014 Copper RTS