Spyder Garage

Default Directions to fully remove the trailer hitch off my F3?

So I need to fully remove the entire trailer hitch. I won't be using a trailer. But not seeing instructions to do this. Do they exist? Or would it be better to have a Can Am dealer remove it?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ok not sure of the year or model you have but here is a link to some videos to installation of F3 hitches https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3453&FORM=VIRE Hope that helps look for the F3 videos for wiring and hitch. good luck
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

BRP does not make a trailer hitch for a F3. So no instructions from BRP. They do for a F3T or L. Install instructions are easily available online from BRP. Find out what kind of hith it is. Maybe post a picture and someone can tell you and give you the install instructions.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I apologize. I have a 2016 F3-T. It has the BRP trailer hitch installed currently. I will try and follow an install guide and go backwards to see if I can remove it that way.

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

It's really not that difficult. It's just as easy to remove the wiring harness. You can sell the total package on here pretty quickly.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

How much do you want for it?
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I would also be interested in the hitch if you would like to sell it.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Let me get it off and I would be happy to actually give it to someone for say $50 bucks plus shipping for the whole thing.

Spyder Garage

Sold!
    To remove:
    On the right end of the axle is a19mm nut. Remove the cotterpin, remove the nut, slip the hitch axle out to the left side. Take a rubber mallet to the hitch ball. Tap hard to the rear from close to the fender. One side, then the other. It will come off. Insert a fresh cotterpin in the axle.
    Remove rear seat. Remove rubber mat in top box. Remove 2 torx 30 screws. Tip box forward and prop up with a pop can. Open left saddlebag. Three torx 30 screws. Remove them. There are 3 more fasteners to remove. On the bottom front, remove 1 pushpin. On the bottom rear is a small screw, and aft is a Phillips screw in a pushpin. Remove those. Slide the bag outboard 1.5 inches. At the top in the back is a connector for the tail light. Disconnect, and remove the bag. Flip over. Where the trailer wire is clamped on, remove. Follow the wire to the connection under the rear seat. Unplug, and thread the wire out. Now put it back together, and send the whole shooting match to me!
    Call me if you get stuck. Number below. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At $50 plus shipping, that is a deal of the year. Good luck with your removal, and I am sure that if you run into any issues you can post here and someone will answer quickly.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white