Spyder Garage

Cool F3 Trailer wiring

Solution needed please, I recently purchased a 17 F3 Limited with factory trailer wiring, has a 4 pin square connector and I need some type adapter to connect to a Bushtec trailer, 6 wire flat connector. I know there is something different in Bushtec wiring. Has anyone found a solution to making the lights work on the Bushtec without changing the complete bike/trailer wiring harness?

Spyder Garage

Smile F3 Trailer wiring

Solution needed please, I recently purchased a 17 F3 Limited with factory trailer wiring, has a 4 pin square connector and I need some type adapter to connect to a Bushtec trailer, 6 wire flat connector. I know there is something different in Bushtec wiring. Has anyone found a solution to making the lights work on the Bushtec without changing the complete bike/trailer wiring harness?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    Solution needed please, I recently purchased a 17 F3 Limited with factory trailer wiring, has a 4 pin square connector and I need some type adapter to connect to a Bushtec trailer, 5 wire flat connector. I know there is something different in Bushtec wiring. Has anyone found a solution to making the lights work on the Bushtec without changing the complete bike/trailer wiring harness?
    Look at this, this is a square 4 to a flat 4 adapter http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ter-lamonster/

If you need to have 5 flat for brakes https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...iring+adapters try looking at this adaptor. you can find many adaptors at your local auto parts dealer.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-07-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

To go from 4 wire to 5 wire. There are couple ways to go. Rewire the trailer. Abandon the amber turn signal lights and split the brake lights. Or build an adapter which would consist of 3 parts. Hopkins square 4 trailer plug, 2 to 3 converter module and a flat 5 trailer plug.

2018 F3 LIMITED