Spyder Garage

Default WTB Exhaust tip and heat shields.

I would like to purchase the BLACK heat shields an exhaust tip for a 2017 RT. If you have replaced your stock muffler and have these parts available, please contact me. send PM or email mail4donb@gmail.com I think the muffler is the same for
    All Spyder RT models, RS, ST, F3-T, F3 Limited any year. So if you have replaced a stock muffler with Black Tip please contact me.

Spyder Garage

The exhaust tip(s) do not appear to be separately available parts from the muffler itself according to the parts list.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

CamAm sells the Chrome Exhaust Tip and Heat Shields as an accessory. I am sure the Tip is removable from the Muffler.

Spyder Garage

Not to argue with you but on my '14 RTS I can see up into the muffler end cap, PN 707601048, same PN for both '14 and '17 MYs, and both exhaust tips are welded onto the end of the muffler. Both tips are actually two pieces each, one straight and the other curved and they are welded together. As a second shot I called my dealership's parts dept and the technician verified that the tips on the '17 muffler are welded onto the muffler. A Sawzall can help if one can find a sacrificial muffler.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You may be correct, but then how does the accessory Chrome Tip install?
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...at-shield.html
    Is it just a cover?

Spyder Garage

The chrome and black parts are trim covers and heat shields. They secure with screws. I sold a chrome set a few weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

Here are the instructions for installing the exhaust tip and heat shield, PN 219400473, https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400473. You can see from the parts listed that there are no exhaust tips shown as separate parts. and you can also see that the exhaust tips from the muffler are shown as part of the silencer. If you note the PN for the Exhaust Tip it is an entirely different number from the chrome muffler end cap in the parts list for the '17RT. Looking at the exhaust tip in the picture of your link I'd be willing to bet either the stainless exhaust tips of a muffler were simply highly polished with a buffing wheel or the photo was air brushed to make the tips shiny. I occasionally buff the ends of the exhaust tips if I'm doing an OCD detailing of the bike maybe once a year.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Here are the instructions for installing the exhaust tip and heat shield, PN 219400473, https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400473. You can see from the parts listed that there are no exhaust tips shown as separate parts. and you can also see that the exhaust tips from the muffler are shown as part of the silencer. If you note the PN for the Exhaust Tip it is an entirely different number from the chrome muffler end cap in the parts list for the '17RT. Looking at the exhaust tip in the picture of your link I'd be willing to bet either the stainless exhaust tips of a muffler were simply highly polished with a buffing wheel or the photo was air brushed to make the tips shiny. I occasionally buff the ends of the exhaust tips if I'm doing an OCD detailing of the bike maybe once a year.
    Pretty certain you are reading too much into the op title. He is after the shields for the exhaust tips, not exhaust tips.

Spyder Garage

The part BRP is calling the exhausts tips in the OP's link looks a whale of a lot like like a simple chrome End Cap, different part number. The OP said he looking for Black exhaust tips.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I replaced both the exhaust tip and heat shield with chrome ones on my F3 ltd, they are replaceable with screws. `I believe they are the same. I no longer have the black ones.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    I replaced both the exhaust tip and heat shield with chrome ones on my F3 ltd, they are replaceable with screws. `I believe they are the same. I no longer have the black ones.
    Thank you, the Black set is what I am looking for. Please contact me if you have these items. I want to switch from Grey to Black. Please PM or email mail4donb@gmail.com

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Why not just try paint them with hi temp paint. I have seen some photos here of people painting their exhaust black and it comes out real good.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Munds1 View Post
    Thank you, the Black set is what I am looking for. Please contact me if you have these items. I want to switch from Grey to Black. Please PM or email mail4donb@gmail.com
    I sent you an email.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I sent you an email.
    email sent with photo. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

If your still looking I am trying to replace the black one's on our 2019 F3 Limited with chrome. I replaced the tip OK but the top screw on the side shield is fighting me. If I can get that one off I would sell you the black take off's.