Spyder Garage

Default Warranties and other addons at purchase.

I know many folks like the comfort of knowing they have an extended warranty or service contract when they purchase their Spyder. That is understandable. When you buy the Best Warranty from BRP. You will get a letter later with your warranty card. But with 3rd party companies you may get nothing but what the selling dealer gives you. So the following video may give you something to think about or follow up on if you bought one of these warranties.

https://youtu.be/B8VgrwKKcs0

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I took delivery of my 2019 F3-S on August 28th. In that time, I haven't received a single letter/note/acknowledgment from BRP. Nadda ....

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I took delivery of my 2019 F3-S on August 28th. In that time, I haven't received a single letter/note/acknowledgment from BRP. Nadda ....
    Time to start making phone calls. If you did not get the BEST card, you likely do not have an extended warranty through BRP on file. Happens all the time when dealers conveniently 'forget' to file them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Time to start making phone calls. If you did not get the BEST card, you likely do not have an extended warranty through BRP on file. Happens all the time when dealers conveniently 'forget' to file them.
    Not necessarily true. I talked to BRP and they said they do not send out cards anymore (I had one with my 2015, but not with my 2018). Everything is on file electronically. I did verify that I have the warranty with them. Call BRP if you are in doubt and verify that you have coverage.

Spyder Garage

Likewise, I purchased the BRP BEST extended warranty with my new 2019 F3Ltd and all I ever received was an email verification of the warranty. So after 90 days had elapsed, I called BRP Customer Service to see when I'd receive my warranty card. They verified that a card wasn't sent but that my BEST warranty is indeed in force and in the system and that any Dealer can immediately verify it by simply running the VIN. They also sent me another email verification. I do keep that verification email in my owners manual however - just in case
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I asked my dealer why they want $1200 for an extended warranty. Because it's a third party warranty that's much better than the BEST warranty, was the reply. I asked what the difference was and why they prefer the third party one. They said the BEST warranty does not pay for labor and has a high deductible. I have not heard anyone here complaining about their BEST coverage.
    I'd like to hear what you have experienced with the BEST warranty.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I did not buy an extended BEST warranty on my purchase. I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything back from BRP, not even a simple thank you note or BEST brochure, etc. Not a Thank You from the dealer either. When I sold bikes a couple years back, the dealership always contacted buyers a couple/few weeks after purchase to thank/ask if any questions or concerns. I find this rather strange, and poor CS..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Poor CS is pretty much the standard these days.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder from a private 3rd party. When I went looking for an extended warranty, I called the original selling dealer to check on the Best warranty. I found out it was not available for my Spyder because the original warranty was expired. He knew nothing about any other aftermarket warranty. I called a local Can Am ATV dealer and he had the Zurich which I bought. I called them a month later to see if I was on file and sure enough there I was. So "Trust but Verify".

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP BEST warranty covers parts and labor. There is a $50 deductible per claim. Your dealer is filling you full of BS. I'm sure he pockets more $ selling the 3rd party warranty.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Rob, that's exactly my thought too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The BRP BEST warranty covers parts and labor. There is a $50 deductible per claim. Your dealer is filling you full of BS.
    Correct !
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

My Zurich also had a fifty dollar deductible then covered the rest.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Sheeet!. I thought it was just us that were ignored by the Australian arm of BRP. I was supposed to get Roadside assist with the RTL. The dealer tried chasing it and I could tell they too were getting the run around, so I lodged a complaint with our consumer protection agency her in my state of Australia. 7 days later I had my roadside assistance card in my little hand
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

If you buy an aftermarket warranty from any dealer. Always put it on your credit card! Don't finance it with the sale, bike car or anything else for that matter. I bought an extended aftermarket warranty for our Ford Ranger some years back. I had a problem with the truck. Lo and behold, they are no longer in business. Well after some due diligence on my part. I filed a complaint with my credit card co.. Three months later I received the full purchase price back from my credit card! There was a lot of digging by me, and the credit card co., but they backed me up. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The BRP BEST warranty covers parts and labor. There is a $50 deductible per claim. Your dealer is filling you full of BS. I'm sure he pockets more $ selling the 3rd party warranty.
    From what I've heard, dealers don't like doing warranty work because BRP pays labor based on what their books say. So if their books say labor should take 2 hours but it takes the dealer 3 hours, the dealer only gets paid for 2 hours. The dealer can't charge the additional hour back to the customer, so they basically have to eat that hour.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    From what I've heard, dealers don't like doing warranty work because BRP pays labor based on what their books say. So if their books say labor should take 2 hours but it takes the dealer 3 hours, the dealer only gets paid for 2 hours. The dealer can't charge the additional hour back to the customer, so they basically have to eat that hour.
    Have had the same told to me in an off the record chat with a dealer, who then showed me some of the timeframes allocated to tasks. Perhaps the expectation is that each dealership does workshop repair repairs like an Formula 1 pit crew!!!. being inverse to the time it takes BRP to approve warranty work.
    2017 RTL , White