Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RTL front storage light?

So - I've been reading my manual for my 2019 RTL and on page 156 in the Specifications section it says that the front storage section has a 0.2 W light.
    I have searched high and low for this light and can not find anything - anybody else find this?
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

hi there,i have a 2014 rt ltd which has a light in the front,if its the same its on the left side of the trunk kind of hidden behind the carpet liner.i couldnt find mine at first either
    its pretty useless though,i carry a led torch

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Light

It should be at the left side (when standing at the front of your Spyder).The light is not very bright. I carry a little LED Flash Light in my frunk. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Regarding the light, our 2014 has the light. As other mentioned it would be on the Spyders true left side if facing forward.

Sometimes the interior upholstery can block the light.

Other times, the owner does not realize that either key must be in the on position, OR the light will operate during that 30 second shut down time after the engine is stopped. When the headlights go out, the frunk light goes out. Saying that, I find it easier to let the headlights illuminate the frunk.

In the rear trunk, there is no light. Others have posted various methods, either battery powered with replaceable batteries, or powered by the 12 volt round power plug if equipped. On ours, a while back, I utilized two BRP Spyder front frunk lights and wired them to use the same circuit as the front. Slight pain since the frunk lid must be open to operate the light switch and as mentioned before, the key must be on. At first this seemed a hassle, but most times it is not. Plus, we get a lot of light in the trunk with those two lights and it takes up no interior space at all.

Spyder Garage

...Sometimes the interior upholstery can block the light.

Other times, the owner does not realize that either key must be in the on position, OR the light will operate during that 30 second shut down time after the engine is stopped. When the headlights go out, the frunk light goes out. Saying that, I find it easier to let the headlights illuminate the frunk...

What he said!!!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Every time I buy something at Harbor Freight I get one of their free flashlights. Now there is on in all 4 cases.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Short of ripping all upholstery away from the tub I am confident my 2019 RTL does not have a frunk light either.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Thanks EdMat - I thought I was losing my mind! I can't find that light.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah that frunk light is useless. I took a strip of LED light with sticky backing and put it on the rear of the frunk liner. Then ran the wires to the frunk light. I used a plug and play adapter I made up.

So it operates the same way and I can see in my frunk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    Thanks EdMat - I thought I was losing my mind! I can't find that light.
    I owned my Spyder RTL for 2 years before I found/realized there was a frunk light. When it is on, it is very weak and doesn't do much. Turn the key on and open the frunk in the pitch-black darkness and that little bugger will show itself..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Here's a great solution to your problem.
    https://www.tricledusa.com/product-p...ual-usb-plug-1
    Use in trunk or frunk.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The 2018 RTL has 1 in the funk if standing in front looking into funk its on the front right side. Mine was not connected and was under the liner, now fixed but not bright at all.

Spyder Garage

This thread is an excellent opportunity to restate for clarity that the L and R sides of a Spyder, just like in a cage, are always in reference to the operator sitting on/in the vehicle in the operating position. For more precise identification we dip into a little aviation terminology using the clock system where dead ahead is 12 o'clock.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

So I decided to sneak up on the Spyder like suggested to find that elusive frunk light .....in total darkness I opened the frunk and then turned the key to on and .........NO LIGHT to be found anywhere!!!

From the feedback from other folks - I'm not missing much - I'll definitely bring this up when I bring her in for the first inspection.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you can light it up like I did my 2014 RTS. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1346972

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I think the frunk light is only on the Limited models. I do have the light.
    Bob, k7xi. 2013 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Short of ripping all upholstery away from the tub I am confident my 2019 RTL does not have a frunk light either.
    After ripping out the liner I was able to find the light. A flashlight with dead corroded batteries puts out more light than this thing. Anybody make a replacement LED version?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Well, I have a 2019 RTL

There is a Frunk light on the front right corner as you are facing the bike.

It seems like it is on when you turn the key on, and stays on for 30-60 secs(didn't time it) after you turn the bike off.

Again, it did NOT seem really bright, but is better then nothing

Spyder Garage

The built in light on my 2018 RTL is useless. I cut a small section of the carpet and installed a couple of small LED light strips. Used the switch as the original but re-wired to come on when the frunk opens (no ignition needed) and off when closed. Works great for me.frunk light 1.jpgfrunk light 2.jpg
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    The built in light on my 2018 RTL is useless. I cut a small section of the carpet and installed a couple of small LED light strips. Used the switch as the original but re-wired to come on when the frunk opens (no ignition needed) and off when closed. Works great for me.frunk light 1.jpgfrunk light 2.jpg
    I'd like to know which of the switch wires goes to the key switch so that I can just cut it and go to my fuse block. I've been contemplating doing the same as you did.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Trace the two wires from the light. One goes to power, the other to the switch. Cut the one going to power.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)