Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My New Ski adventure - contd.

So last year I posted that I had re-turned to downhill Skiing after a hiatus of 25 years ( did snowmobiling instead ) …. I had such a fantastic experience ( 66 days of skiing ) I decided to do it again this season … Soooooooooo got my ( elderly ) discounted ( $139.00 ) season pass. I went twice before Thanksgiving, and four times after ( so far ). Compared to last years First day, this year was like I had been skiing for past 7 mos. instead of riding my Spyder …. I was quite surprised how my muscles responded after such a long lay-off ( except for day one, there has been no pain )….. So after skiing these past 6 days I feel my ability is almost where it was at the end of April 2019.... Annnnnnnnd 6 days - No Falls ( this season ) ...…Plus my over-all physical state is really fantastic, compared to last season Mike

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up my friend. Haven't skied in 40+ years and thinking about trying again. Older don't know if bones and joints will accept very well

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Thumbs up my friend. Haven't skied in 40+ years and thinking about trying again. Older don't know if bones and joints will accept very well
    I got my new Ski's and Boots at " L9-sports.com " … 40+years, then you weren't using the new style super sidecut ( ie shaped carving ski's ) either.... The difference is like night and day, they practically turn by themselves, press down on ( the turning ski ,) knee's into the hill & these things just turn …. very easy for the knee's …. And my new boots are from Alpina ( R 4 ) they are rear entry, fit like a glove and are very warm..... last season they were the last maker of rear entry boots …. However ATOMIC ( what Michella Sheffrin uses ) now has three separate " Rear Entry " models..... I'm 72 and without this new style equipment I wouldn't be sking today …. good luck ….. PS L 9's pricing is really good compared to others …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Going skiing tomorrow ( Thurs) can't wait. Its what I do when I can't ryde that ECU flashed

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow