Spyder Garage

Default Did you ever lose something with no hopes of its return?

Three weeks ago we flew out of San Antonio to home. Before leaving I gave my Movado watch to my gf to pack with her carryon. When we arrived home I asked where my watch was. My gf said it was in her laptop bag; it wasn't. What she thought happened was that the TSA worker had to run her laptop thru the scanner a second time, and it was taken. I told her to call security at the airport, and ask if it was returned to lost and found, and not to mention that she thought it was taken. She left a message with no hopes of a return phone call. The next day she got a call back, and was told she had to call TSA at the airport, and was given the number. Once again, I reminded her to say only that the watch fell out of the pocket of the laptop case, and was wondering if it was found; they checked and found nothing.

Yesterday she was going thru one of her little bags with makeup, and found a rolled up kleenex and was going to toss it; but, the kleenex felt a little heavy, and there was my watched that I had wrapped. Christmas came early this year. The end.

Spyder Garage

To answer your question...... Yes...... Several years ago i lost my mind.... still not recovered it.

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I lost my wife in 1982, but if anybody finds her, please do not bring her back. She can stay where ever she went to.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

As long as you did not find it in the refrigerator, I think you are good to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I thought about looking in the gutter for my mind ............... but was afraid i might find it LOL

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My hair ?

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No, still happily married

Spyder Garage

Lost my trailer in Springfield Missouri this year. I am very sure I will never see it again.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yes about $500,000 in the last recession, with no hope of getting it back. Glad you found you watch.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

My grandfather was an ambulance driver in France in 1917. While he was there, apparently he had a lot of free time and he engraved his aluminum canteen with a beautiful and very detailed artistic scene of the farmhouse in France where he was waiting with the ambulance. He gave that canteen to me and I was sooooo proud of that canteen. So proud that I took it with me to college, and I took it with me on a college float trip on the Current River (in the Missouri Ozarks) in the late 70s. My friend and I were paddling merrily along, enjoying ourselves and perhaps having a couple of, well okay maybe 5 or 6, beers. Our canoe was passing under some low-hanging trees in water that was 6" deep and to avoid them we both leaned the same direction at the same time. Naturally the canoe tipped over. We both stood up in the shallow water and laughed about it until I realized that my grandfather's canteen (which was full of water and therefore wouldn't float) had been carried away somewhere downstream into deep water in that fast-moving stream. We searched for it but to no avail. I was sick to my stomach and it wasn't the beer. That canteen was probably carried along downstream through various channels and by now is probably somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico until a few tons of silt. I'll never see it again. Sorry, Grandpa.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Lost my mind some time back in the early 70s, but so far have not really ever missed it.

Spyder Garage

Was going to post something ....... but lost my train of thought

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I lost my wife in 1982, but if anybody finds her, please do not bring her back. She can stay where ever she went to.
    Wasn’t that also a joke about the guy who was speeding, and when a police car turned on its siren and chased him, he ignored it and accelerated. When the cop eventually pulled him over and asked why he didn’t stop earlier, he replied “because my wife ran off with a cop 5 years ago, and I thought you might be that cop bringing her back”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Wasn’t that also a joke about the guy who was speeding, and when a police car turned on its siren and chased him, he ignored it and accelerated. When the cop eventually pulled him over and asked why he didn’t stop earlier, he replied “because my wife ran off with a cop 5 years ago, and I thought you might be that cop bringing her back”

Pete
    Yep, that is a good one. Mine ran off with somebody, but he wasn't a cop.

Spyder Garage

Yes, my first and best girlfriend.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me."

The girl said, "No!"

And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The End