Thread: Sena 10C EVO

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 10C EVO

I was watching a youtube video of this bluetooth device last night. It was concerning to the guy making the video that water could get to the charging connection and damage the device because that connection has been moved to the top of the device and has a poorly made cover. Has anybody had this problem? I was thinking about getting one of these because I would like to make videos as well but I'm thinking that could be a deal breaker.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here from motorcycledave.com and Sponsor of Spyder Lovers
    I have sold a bunch of the 10C Pro and I also use them as does Lamont and his wife
    the founder of Spyderlovers and Lamonster Garage, I have never had anyone say that water has
    got into the works of a 10C pro I do have other options you can check out if you like
    but you will have to look long and hard to find anything even close to the quality of the SENA 10C PRO
    Give me a call 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time
    10CPRO.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by iridenow View Post
    I was watching a youtube video of this bluetooth device last night. It was concerning to the guy making the video that water could get to the charging connection and damage the device because that connection has been moved to the top of the device and has a poorly made cover. Has anybody had this problem? I was thinking about getting one of these because I would like to make videos as well but I'm thinking that could be a deal breaker.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-05-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I have sold a bunch of the 10C Pro and I also use them as does Lamont and his wife
    the founder of Spyderlovers and Lamonster Garage, I have never had anyone say that water has
    got into the works of a 10C pro I do have other options you can check out if you like
    but you will have to look long and hard to find anything even close to the quality of the SENA 10C PRO
    10CPRO.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by iridenow View Post

Not to take over this thread, but I am looking for a half helmet with built in Bluetooth capabilities. Do you have anything like that?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-05-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=acdcking12;1486909]
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    10CPRO.jpeg

Not to take over this thread, but I am looking for a half helmet with built in Bluetooth capabilities. Do you have anything like that?
    Sena has a half helmet with built in blue tooth and I'm sure Dave can help just give him a call. his store is open now.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if the evo has the same connector placement as the Pro, as I have not seen one yet, but if it is, I have not had any issue using the Pro in the rain over the last 6 months. Of course, this comment is only of use if the new Evo and the Pro have their connectors in the same place

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    You bet I have the SENA Cavalry helmet
    Cavalry.jpeg
    I am in California.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post