Spyder Garage

Default So what do you guys use for Bluetooth in your helmets?

So just bought my first spyder. It is on its way to me now.

What I would like to know is what bluetooth system is best for me to listen to my phone music via bluetooth, but also be able to talk with my Fiancee, who would be behind me?

Just looking for general recommendations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post

What I would like to know is what bluetooth system is best for me to listen to my phone music via bluetooth, but also be able to talk with my Fiancee, who would be behind me?

We use the Nolan B5 system which I believe is only for nolan helmets. It cna do talk and phone but cant do all three, check with Motorcycle dave as he is a sponsor and knows the most about this subject. Yes you definetly need a com system as it sure beats yelling in ech others ears
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

We have Senas,they are great.Call Motorcycle Dave he is a sponsor here and has best deals and can tell you which model is best for you.BTW I have put many comm systems in many helmets and can say this is not a difficult job to install without any damage or drilling into helmet. 209-887-3283(CA)
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I use Sena model 10S. I can talk to my significant other(Adrien), when we are on the spyders, and sleds. It is Bluetooth compatible. I have the Sena model 10S for 3 years.

I have a Zox helmet that I use my Bluetooth Sena model 10S.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have Bell Qualifier DLX helmets, so we use the Sena SMH-10. No complaints from me, except that I can hear her telling me to slow down!
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

We use the Cardo Packtalk Bold. Not only can we stream music, talk to each other but we can link non-Cardo comm systems to talk with other riders.

Spyder Garage

I have been using a sena smh5 fm for at least 5 years without any problems. communicate with my brothers smh5 fm when riding together. Connected to phone for calls and phone gps, also used built in fm radio before I got my F3 limited.
    go to motorcycle Dave for sena products.
    Bob

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sena SMH10 now will be changing to Sena 30k at end of the month. Listen to music and talk to the wife.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I got a Torx helmet that came with bluetooth already installed.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Check out the offerings from UClear - they look good; work better/clearer than most; use 'no boom' mic's; and provide great support/service too!

www.ucleardigital.com

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sena SM10 with cable and (2) 20s from Motorcycle Dave. Best price around. Wife and I have had these since 2014 with "0" problems. Wish my spyder worked as well. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sena is the most commonly used, but not necessarily the best or best value. Impossible to make a specific recommendation without knowing all your parameters. Any modern headsets will do the minimal BT functions you mentioned.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I see where Sena is now making a helmet with the bluetooth com built into the helmet - has anyone gone this way? As I am researching helmets for my wife, along with a com system for us - I see that Bilt also has a "built" in bluetooth in a helmet at a reasonable price ($250). Anybody use or seen either?
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My wife and I use Sena 20s.

Spyder Garage

I've got the Cardo Freecom 2. It was way cheaper than the Sena and the Freecom +. We can pair each to our individual phones, and have intercom between us. That's all we wanted so paying for extra seemed silly.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Sena 10S with Uclear Digital speakers. I also have 10S helmet mounts in two other helmets so the unit can be used on three helmets. Works great for me, as it's mostly a music source thru my Ipod Nano, as only (1) riding buddy has a comm unit..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Way cheaper is not exactly a glowing recommendation!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Here is my experience. I am a very avid snowmobiler and spyder Ryder. ( 3500 miles a year on sleds and about 7500 miles on spyder) I use 2 different systems. For snowmobiling I have found uclear is better. Uclear has a much better speaker and is very compact. The mic system is OK but again to listen to music it is very good. With modular or full face it is OK. On the spyder I use Sena 20. The boom system and microphone is MUCH better than uclear but the speakers fall short if listening to music. I only use my sena for communicating with my wife. I listen to my music out of my bike speakers. The sena 20 is crystal clear as in microphone with open face helmets. The Uclear is not very good on open face in my opinion. Both have their positives and negatives. I hope that helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    We use the Cardo Packtalk Bold. Not only can we stream music, talk to each other but we can link non-Cardo comm systems to talk with other riders.

Fit into Arai helmet like it was made for it! Wish I has bought the Cardo long ago!

Spyder Garage

Our old Sena 5 has worked great for YEARS.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So just bought my first spyder. It is on its way to me now. What I would like to know is what bluetooth system is best for me to listen to my phone music via bluetooth, but also be able to talk with my Fiancee, who would be behind me?

Just looking for general recommendations...
    Hi Dave Here
    I have just what you need I am a full line SENA LOGO.jpeg dealer and sponsor here on Spyder Lovers
    I sell everything at DISCOUNTED prices so low I can't publish them. Just call me
    at 209-887-3283 I will be glad to help with this and any other accessories at discount prices
    motorcycledave.com
    motorcycledave@mac.com
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    MotorcycleDave.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 12-10-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

We have SCHUBERTH helmets (best for our heads) and use their BT collars. Fantastic.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

It is if you don't need all the extras. I had cheap no name chinese BT setup for myself before buying the tryke. Worked ok and for the $30 I paid for it, it was fine. Mane people recommended the Sena, and the Freecom+, but after looking at the differences, I found the standard Freecom did everything I wanted at a lower price.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    I've got the Cardo Freecom 2. It was way cheaper than the Sena and the Freecom +. We can pair each to our individual phones, and have intercom between us. That's all we wanted so paying for extra seemed silly.

Totally depends on your needs. Wife and I just wanted intercom and share music. We got the Cardo Freecom 1+. Both units on Amazon for $150. Can't talk to other riders but that's okay. If we find we start riding with big groups we will go with the Cardo Packtalk.

Look at Fortnine channel on Youtube. Has great unbiased reviews and pretty funny.

Spyder Garage

I have owned the Sena 10, 20 and now the 30 series in three different helmets. I liked them all. I ordered the Sena SRL2 intercom for my new helmet because it would install as a built-in intercom. I tried it for a month and ended not liking it. The audio was great and had all the bells and whistles the other models had. But for me, the controls were too hard to use. With gloves, almost impossible. I contacted Sena and they were willing to trade me for the 30k. Other helmet built-in may be better but I like the Sena 20 and 30's also because they use the same helmet mounts and I can switch the intercom to any of my three helmets (Summer, Winter, and half helmet). Good luck, Ride Safe. JackinSpokane.
    2020 RT-Limited , Petrol Metallic Chrome Edition