Spyder Garage

Default Heated gear plug in

For those of you with heated gear, where do you place the plug on your bike.
    I am getting ready to install my harness but do not see an apparent location.

Spyder Garage

It may already be wired for the heated gear plug. I added fog lights and mine and it was already wired for them. I just had to plug the right wires in and add a switch just to the right of the key. I believe the blank hole on the left side of the key is for heated gear. Look in the manual. I don't need heated gear in Florida.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    It may already be wired for the heated gear plug. I added fog lights and mine and it was already wired for them. I just had to plug the right wires in and add a switch just to the right of the key. I believe the blank hole on the left side of the key is for heated gear. Look in the manual. I don't need heated gear in Florida.
    Thank you. I will look. I am in Florida (North East Florida). It was 37 this morning and I am scheduled to ride in the morning and it is suppose to be in the 30’s again. I usually wear heated gear if it is at 40 or below. I have had the gear for over fifteen years and although I don’t use it often, it’s nice to use when temps dip

Spyder Garage

I've always added the plug to come out on the left side of the seat as most jackets have the wire on the left side
    and it easily pulls apart when you forget to unplug it getting off

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Formerharleyrider View Post
    For those of you with heated gear, where do you place the plug on your bike.
    I am getting ready to install my harness but do not see an apparent location.
    I use heated riding gear, and I have the cord near the 12V( on the left side ) plug. I drilled a small hole for the cord to go thru, & it tucks in behind the passenger seat. It is there when I need it. If I wear my heated gear, I plug in the adapter( looks like a car adapter) into the 12V plug. When not in use I unplug the adapter.

I have a 2014 RTS-SE6.

I also have a First Gear Heat-Troller Dual Controller mounted on my dashboard with Velcro. I attach /teetered the cord to my ignition key, so I don't loose it. Go to "MY Albums" for a picture of my heat controller.

Hope this helps.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Put my controller under the plastic and put the knob and the light on the top left under the handlebar area. And used shrink tub to seal the connectors with some dielectric grease.

I plug in the cable ,plug in my vest liner, turn on the knob and has heat quick.

Ran a wire to the passenger with a controller knob too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Put my controller under the plastic and put the knob and the light on the top left under the handlebar area. And used shrink tub to seal the connectors with some dielectric grease.

I plug in the cable ,plug in my vest liner, turn on the knob and has heat quick.

Ran a wire to the passenger with a controller knob too.
    I installed my controller on my dashboard,and used Velcro to fasten to the dashboard. It has a red /and yellow knob. Turn on the red knob to mid way, and instant heat to my jacket. I also use the controller on my new sled.

You can see my controller in any of my posts( painted dashboard).

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Our coax connectors for our heated gear are connected to a 6 place fuse box wired directly to the battery. Here is a link to the post about it: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...37#post1402237

The rear coax connector is in the knockout toward the back of the left passenger handhold area that at one time was the wired intercom plug. The front one resides uner the seat and I pull it out by the glovebox when I use it. The controller gets strapped to my leg with a strap for that purpose that came with the controller case, and Gloria does the same with hers whether piloting the Spyder or riding on the Admiral's command seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Funny you should ask. I am currently installing a temporary connection for the heat controller for my heated jacket liner. My plan is to have it in the center where the seat meets the tank. The wires come from the battery (actually the fuse block I installed over the battery) under the Tupperware to the space under the saddle. That way it's easy to see and reach. Temporary because later, when i get the saddle customized (it's not comfy) I'm going to have heat put into it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Funny you should ask. I am currently installing a temporary connection for the heat controller for my heated jacket liner. My plan is to have it in the center where the seat meets the tank. The wires come from the battery (actually the fuse block I installed over the battery) under the Tupperware to the space under the saddle. That way it's easy to see and reach. Temporary because later, when i get the saddle customized (it's not comfy) I'm going to have heat put into it.
    Right on, me too. I have an SAE lead with a 15 amp in line fuse coming directly off the battery and up under the seat. Run two sets of heated clothing, or charge my cell phone or charge my Sena's. No holes, no switches and tucks away out of sight when not being used. Also plug the battery tender to it in the winter. Simple, less than $10.00.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I use a heated controller , it is on the dashboard ,and secured by Velcro and I wrap/and secure the cord around the ignition key. Look at any of my posts/or my Albums for pictures.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover