Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balancing tires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    To be fair. The Kenda can be a difficult, if not impossible tire to balance. Many of them are not round. You cannot balance an out-of-round tire. I'm not defending dealerships necessarily. Just trying to put a bit of perspective in play on this one.
    A tire that is not round is defective and should be sent back for credit, not attempted to balance anyway and foisted off on an unsuspecting customer. This seems worse dealer service than a poor balance.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    If you want to use your home compressor to fill up the tire & are worried about moisture you can just attach a desiccant to the hose, i have it on
    my spray guns at work & on the road force balancers.
    Why not just balance them correctly? Then the bit of moisture in the air really does not matter.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    To be fair. The Kenda can be a difficult, if not impossible tire to balance. Many of them are not round. You cannot balance an out-of-round tire. I'm not defending dealerships necessarily. Just trying to put a bit of perspective in play on this one.
    I agree with James regarding tires being defective. You can balance a tire that is not round, but it will vibrate or hop at speed. Tires with funky sidewalls or treads that do not run true will balance also, but cause shimmies, or worse.

If using a static balancer, never hurts to give the tire a spin and watch how it behaves.

Just got off our Spyder after about 3 hours of highway driving while pulling the RT622. So nice having quality tires, properly balanced, and virtually no belt vibrations.