Spyder Garage

Default What the heck is this for?

My RT came with this connection mounted near the left hand grip. I have no idea what this connection is for? Is it for some kind of Apple phone? BTW, I'm an Android guy so that is a legit question. What other kind of electronic device would go on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

That’s a SiriusXM satellite radio docking station.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I thought it was for an Ipod...but, I've never had an Ipod, so how would I know?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SXM radio mount

It looks like an older mount for an XM receiver. if you want XM you don't need that
    just download the XM app to your phone and there you are I have been doing that for years
    works great, AND if yo do not have your radio converted to Bluetooth I can help with that.
    I stock the SENA SM10 transmitter and the audio cable that converts your audio system to
    Bluetooth so you can hear it in your helmet headset and not blast it out your speakers for the
    world to hear. ONLY $199.00 for both your dealer wants almost double for it.
    check the how to video on my website.
    Ride safe
    Dave
    MotorcycleDave.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    That’s a SiriusXM satellite radio docking station.
    Oh cool. I get to buy more electronics.

Spyder Garage

depends on what you want. The PO of my RTS had installed a XM radio and Sena SM10H (I think it is). I've had XM before, and don't care for it so I removed the whole mess. The XM wasn't like the one you have, but still it's a service you have to pay for monthly. I'd rather just stream from Pandora, or my collection of MP3s. I use a Cardo Freecom in the helmet and bypass the bik system all together.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    It looks like an older mount for an XM receiver. if you want XM you don't need that
    just download the XM app to your phone and there you are I have been doing that for years
    works great, AND if yo do not have your radio converted to Bluetooth I can help with that.
    I've ridden in a ton of places where I don't have Cell Coverage or at least no Data Coverage. Then you lose streaming audio like Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio. Don't you have the same issue with XM via the phone instead of the actual XM Head Unit?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Yes. If you have the XM app on your phone it works only when you have cell service or wi-if.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

When I had XM, sometimes it would work even when the phone wouldn't, but not always. In the mountains, I'd lose signal on both at times. That why I have an SD card in the phone with 3K+ mp3's.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Definitely a docking station for Sirius Radio. I have 3 of them installed in 3 different vehicles. I move the control head to whichever vehicle I want. Pay for one subscription while having XM availability in 3 different vehicles. The only times I have ever lost reception were when traveling in narrow canyons or next to steep walls that blocked the satelite view. While others are out of cell coverage, I am still rocking and rolling. Works for me..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I have about 3000 songs on my phone so when I can't get to Pandora, I have a plan B. I think I am going to remove that mount and put one on to hold my phone. I will use it way more than I would the XM anyway.