Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome krakum1967 to SL

Welcome krakum1967, post up a hello & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community krakum1967, from the staff at SpyderLovers.com - Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the welcome, you guys already helped me find resources to have the ECU reflashed, that is the best performance gain a person can do for any machine in my book, and I am looking forward to this last step in performance improvements for my new to me 2012 Can Am Spyder RSS. I have been using resources over in FB and other sites to find information on trike improvements, but generally prefer the forum format. I have been riding for over 40 years, I am recently retired, and recently purchased my first Can Am last month.

I look forward to more activity here, and really appreciate finding the ECU data I found on here earlier today. I have had re-flashes done on a few of my two wheelers including a Vulcan 900 and a Yamaha FZ09. The re-flashes completely changed the character of each bike, and my wife proudly rides her Vulcan 900 which is capable of doing the ton after I did the re-flash and put new gearing on the bike with a belt pulley exchange. I am hoping that there may be pulley options out there for the Can Am, but we shall see.

Thanks for the add, and have a great day.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Krakum1967. I hope you enjoy it. On the new to you 2012 Spyder RSS. You can Find lots of good information here on the different models of Spyders and Rykers in the different areas of the forum. Make sure and post a photo of you new ride in the Spyder Garage area of the forum. I hope to se you around the forum soon.

Spyder Garage

I will, and thanks for the kind welcome CopperSpyder. Thanks for the tip.

I really love this machine, and this is not a matter of "switching" from two wheels to three. To me, its almost a completely different "ride" that reminds me of snowmobiling, and I love the changes in the "ride" if you will. I still have my Triumph Thruxton and BMW Funduro for now. I will likely keep the Funduro as it is a dual purpose machine. However, now that I found the resources on the ECU flash for the new Ryker, my days on two wheels are likely limited. I am really attracted to the Ryker Rally, and cannot wait for more of them appear on the used market. I never pay retail on luxury vehicles.

Anyway, I love the machine, and I really like this group. In five minutes I found the reflash resource, and this is a huge find for me. Its a mod I have done to the machine si keep in my collection, and finding it here was awesome.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It will get better once we finish processing you into all the systems you will be able to see the photos and videos posted also so hang in there.