Thread: ECU flash cost

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ECU flash cost

What price range are we looking at to have a Monster Fuel stage 1 flash done on the 1330? $200, $500, $1000? I'm coming up empty searching for it and don't find a price schedule on Monster Fuel web site. From all I read here and the MF site it sounds like it's a well developed and worthwhile upgrade. I got to thinking maybe it's what I need to get the top end power and torque I wish my RT had when it comes to passing semis at 70+ mph on the Interstates.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's a start for you IdahoMtnSpyder , https://wick-itperformance.com/ and I see where they start at $391.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What price range are we looking at to have a Monster Fuel stage 1 flash done on the 1330? $200, $500, $1000? I'm coming up empty searching for it and don't find a price schedule on Monster Fuel web site. From all I read here and the MF site it sounds like it's a well developed and worthwhile upgrade. I got to thinking maybe it's what I need to get the top end power and torque I wish my RT had when it comes to passing semis at 70+ mph on the Interstates.
    I’m with you looking for another boost when I need to pass.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Here's a start for you IdahoMtnSpyder , https://wick-itperformance.com/ and I see where they start at $391.
    Thanks. When I got to thinking a bit more I realized the flash is just the first cost. I'm one of those who runs on regular gas, not premium. Monster Fuel pretty much requires you to run 91 octane minimum for Stage 1 flash, so I would have a continuing additional cost for the gas. Of course, if an owner always runs 91 already per BRP recommendation then that's a non-issue for him/her. For Stage 2 flash MF absolutely requires you to run 91. Don't even think of using 87, even in an emergency.

But let's not get into a 91 vs 87 octane debate. That's been plenty enough already. If you remember my thread of a year or two ago I had better results with 87, believe it or not!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Me too on the flash. I thought it was about $300.00-$400.00?..ck here:

https://www.monsterfuelinjection.com/

Spyder Garage

Yeah .. Once the timing parameters are changed in the flash, 87 octane goes out the window. I'm kinda in the same thought process as I'll be purchasing a Dynojet PV3 tomorrow. Nice thing with that is it's easy to flash back to the stock map and nothing is permanent.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Praireroads View Post
    Me too on the flash. I thought it was about $300.00-$400.00?..ck here:

https://www.monsterfuelinjection.com/
    I'm either blind, or that info was in one of the sections of the site that looks like it should have info but was blank when I looked at it, or MF doesn't post it. Anyway I didn't find any prices on the MF site when I looked last night which is why posted the question.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Has anyone done a topic that compares a Monster reflash vs Dynojet setup. No true plans to make a change, but others have asked, and sometimes you never know. Maybe I will decide we need to make a change.

Spyder Garage

I have the stage one and Monster just told me it's $150 to add the stage 2. I'm gonna do it soon. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Has anyone done a topic that compares a Monster reflash vs Dynojet setup. No true plans to make a change, but others have asked, and sometimes you never know. Maybe I will decide we need to make a change.
    The biggest drawback with the PV3 is lack of tuners who have the capability to put a Spyder on a dyno to do custom tunes. The PV3 device itself has so much tuning capability. In the two wheel world, the biggest advantage of the Power Vision is getting a custom tune for your specific machine. A custom tune for specific builds is better than a broad brush stroke of maps/flashes made on a specific machine to work on all models. Heck, the ECU flashes are for multiple years/models. Not all machines are created equal. Sure, they're better than nothing, and in most cases work very well. I have used both, but in the end, I prefer the non permanent route. Over time, the map base for the PV3 will improve.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

As one of the owners who has taken the leap to the ECU flash-------- it's worth every cent. There is of course the huge smile on your face causing the right wrist to twist just a bit further.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I've not spoken to Wick-It personally, however from comments by those on this site who have, I understand that your flash is done according to a stock set up, or, whatever improvements you've made to your machine. Air filter/air intake, cat still installed/cat delete, muffler stock/straight pipe, and so on. Give Wick-It a call, I'm sure all your questions would be answered, that's their business. As for a "Monster reflash vs Dynojet setup," Google it. There are a number of other motorcycle sites who's members have discussed that very issue in great detail. If you search ECU/flash on this site it'll keep you occupied all day and half the night. Good luck and let us know what you decide.