Spyder Garage

Default Wheel Nuts Replaced today what a mess

Took my Ryker Rally to the dealer I bought it from for the wheel nut replacement today about 70 miles away. They said leave it on the trailer and we will come out and do it. Here comes some punk kid with the nuts and a torque wrench. Wants to jack up the front end for some damn reason and puts the floor jack on the plastic nose, I told him to move the jack which he did and got it under the frame this time. Strike 1. But he completed the front without further issue. He then moved to the rear, I told him he was going to need an extension on his torque wrench but he didn't listen. Torque wrench slipped off the nut like I knew it would and put a big gouge in the wheel. Strike 2. I said your going to replace that wheel so he went and got the service manager. He came out and agreed they screwed up and would replace the wheel. Pulled one off a showroom Ryker and swapped it out. It's no wonder people have issues with their Ryker's not being assembled properly. Home now but still can't believe the stupidity. This kid also told me he assembled all the Ryker's there, God help them.

Spyder Garage

He's cheap to employ - they pay him peanuts. As for the service manager, he'd be lucky to get the cleaner's job where I worked.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

KC.....so the Ryker rear wheel is using the same questionable nuts as the front?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    KC.....so the Ryker rear wheel is using the same questionable nuts as the front?

Pete
    Correct

Spyder Garage

Default New nuts questionable??

Pete
    I have not heard of any of the newer nuts having any problems, cracks or otherwise. The nuts aren't questionable. The minimum? payed employees are.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    I have not heard of any of the newer nuts having any problems, cracks or otherwise. The nuts aren't questionable. The minimum? payed employees are.
    Yeah, but my question wasn’t about the “newer nuts”, canamryder. My question was whether the nut on the rear of KC’s model Ryker needed to be replaced as there were potential issues with rear wheel nuts also. I don’t even know if they are the same size as the faulty front wheel nuts h

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, but my question wasn’t about the “newer nuts”, canamryder. My question was whether the nut on the rear of KC’s model Ryker needed to be replaced as there were potential issues with rear wheel nuts also. I don’t even know if they are the same size as the faulty front wheel nuts h

Pete.
    Same size, same nut.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhh. Thanks Highwayman

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete.
    Yes, all wheel nuts are identical front and rear

Spyder Garage

OOHHH! Now I remember, Peteoz. In one of your posts you mentioned you like the Rykers, but a little small for you. So I am now assuming you weren't keeping up on all the Ryker nut issues. That's understandable. I'll word it this way, all 3 nuts on the Rykers built post 2/19 to ?9/19? are being replaced. THOSE are the questionables. Sorry about the misinterpretation!