Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Got the letter and took mine in today. Service department said it would take 20 minutes. It took all day and still is not finished, even though there were no problems or codes on my SE5 when I took it in. The techie was on the phone to BRP for quite some time ( when they finally answered him). They released me twice. I drove away in heavy traffic, no problem. As soon as I reached an open area, and rounded a curve in the road, I got the scrolled message, " CHECK DPS". This happened twice at the exact same spot. Back to the dealeship both times. It is still there. I had to call my wife to come and take me home, about 40 miles. Take a healthy bike in, leave a sick one there. Irritating!
    From what I have gathered, this is a sign that your DPS was ailing in the first place. The new programming brings out existing flaws. Good that they found it, really.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    From what I have gathered, this is a sign that your DPS was ailing in the first place. The new programming brings out existing flaws. Good that they found it, really.
    +1

I knew my DPS wasn't working properly when I took mine in but the Spyder didn't seem to know or care. I had no messages / faults scrolling on the display even though the steering assist completely quit working about a week before. When they first hooked my Spyder up to BUDS, it didn't show any DPS faults but BUDS could not "see" the DPS module. They tried updating my Spyder anyways and then the fault started appearing. The display was showing a "Check DPS" warning and the engine light was on. Now I'm stuck waiting, just over a week now, for a new DPS to come in from Canada. Maybe I should have asked Dudley to swing by the factory and pick one up for me.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    +1

I knew my DPS wasn't working properly when I took mine in but the Spyder didn't seem to know or care. I had no messages / faults scrolling on the display even though the steering assist completely quit working about a week before. When they first hooked my Spyder up to BUDS, it didn't show any DPS faults but BUDS could not "see" the DPS module. They tried updating my Spyder anyways and then the fault started appearing. The display was showing a "Check DPS" warning and the engine light was on. Now I'm stuck waiting, just over a week now, for a new DPS to come in from Canada. Maybe I should have asked Dudley to swing by the factory and pick one up for me.
    Many thanks, Brian and Scotty! I relayed this info to the shop and they are looking into it now. I have only ridden my own Spyder, so a problem may have existed since it was new, and I would have been unaware.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    +1

I know exactly how you feel! Same thing with mine, never had a problem with it or a error code until I took it in to get the recall done. Now im stuck waiting also.. The only thing I asked for from the dealer I use is when they made the call to BRP to get authorized to do the repair was to get them to ship the part red. Hope you get yours back soon with no problems.

Spyder Garage

to all of you that had the dps module lockup, did the new modules solve the problem? any side effects? how long did you wait? thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sylblk View Post
    to all of you that had the dps module lockup, did the new modules solve the problem? any side effects? how long did you wait? thanks.
    Got mine back with the new DPS module and it's been running fine ever since. It took about 10 days for the part to come from somewhere in Canada to Michigan even though the BRP parts department was showing over 80 DPS modules in stock when my service guy checked the day he told me it had to be replaced. They installed the new module and completed the software update the next day.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.