Spyder Garage

Default My RLS Exhaust Experience

Just wanted to share my experience with RLS exaust. This is my first Spyder, coming off a 2012 Street Glide I was looking to at least be able to hear my Spyder exhaust. I looked a lot of posts on here about mufflers with and without cat delete pipes. I really didn't want to delete my cat. I didn't want a loud exhaust just a little bit of quality sound, without spending $1000 or $1500. I read a lot of positive posts about a lot of different manufactures. I really liked the looks of the RLS Crusher series, so I picked up the phone and called. A guy named Rick answered was very helpful with all my questions and before the conversation was over I realized he was the owner, the designer, the welder and customer support person. I was kind of impressed at this point so the next day I ordered the Crusher Series - stainless w/ two tone tips. Less than 2 weeks it was on my Spyder. Quality welds and the fit was perfect. My first ride with it was about a 200 mile ride and I love the sound. It gave it a nice mellow tone, just what I wanted. Rick thanks for the great service and a quality pipe. And the bonus is MADE IN USA.

IMG_7196.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Exaust
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Same experience here. Some friends of ours and us, were at SpyderFest in 2018. RLS was there with just a few of his exhaust options. Our friends bought a punisher pipe and once we heard it, we bought one too. I got the last one he had there. We all really like the sound of the Punisher pipe he builds. Now he's a sponsor here and appears to be busy as ever. I recommend him to everyone that asks about exhaust options.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just installed my new RLS "Torpedo" muffler yesterday. It's heat coated black with the chrome tip end ring. It took me less than an hour to make the change after I backed the RTL up onto one of my hard rubber/plastic "ramps". It's a bit louder than I thought it would be; but after a 20 mile test ride, I got used to the new sound, and it was quite pleasing. What an easy installation and a good looking unit. There's also a HUGE difference in the weight of the new unit compared to the stock monster muffler. The stock unit weighs at least 30 pounds while the Torpedo weighs less than 10 pounds. Very pleased with the quality and looks. I'll try to get a photo posted soon.RLS2.jpgRSL1.jpg
    Another great advantage: I can now get to all the rear brake and axel nut components that were very hard to access before.
    Last edited by redrazor; 06-02-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Add comment