Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nitrous?

Spyder Garage

i think a lot of people haven't ridden anything but the old shovels and evos or just haven't ridden a harley at all, my stage 1 103" road with pv and cat delete pulls hard to over 90 easy, thats as fast as i have had it due to not wanting to lose my license, like you say its slow compared to the latest bikes my friends have.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

with the first bit there; and yes, there certainly is some of that going around bayoybill, but the opposite is also true too... There are quite a few people who haven't ridden Spyders much (if at all?!?) & of those who have, there aren't yet all that many who've ridden a Spyder with any stage ECU Upgrade!! Just like your stage 1 103" with pv & cat delete pulls hard to over 90 easy, any Spyder with a Stage 1 ECU Upgrade & a cat delete will pull pretty damn hard to well over 90 easily too!

As for those who inevitably need to see the HP figures &/or dyno details, they need to realise that getting those can be just a little problematic for Spyders due to their 3 wheels & all of the integrated sensor readings feeding into the computers that govern its running.... BUT, there is a fair whack of documented info including figures available for the same Can-Am engines (& in some instances, the same gearboxes & gearing too) as used in & for other 'less unique' machines... I can't recall the actual specifics atm, but in some instances, even the 'factory tune' results for those show well in excess of 115 HP, and the 'post ECU Upgrade' figures are significantly higher again!! And even in a Spyder, that sorta output can be VERY noticeable in their on the road performance!

Still, to each his own. I'm extremely happy with my Spyder RTL, especially now that it's had an 'ECU Upgrade Magic Wand' waved over it by someone who REALLY knows what he's doing, and has been doing this sort of upgrade/performance enhancement for BRP & Comp machines for quite a while now! So for whatever it might be worth, I'm sure that while there will likely be some, there just aren't too many road going vehicles that will ever see anything but it's tail lights until well beyond the legal speed limits out on the open road if it's being ridden well; and that there are significantly fewer machines that can stay anywhere near keeping up with it thru the tight & twisty stuff with shorter straights where the dirty great wall of air the RTL hasta push ahead of it hasn't yet really come into play! And I absobleedinlutely LURVE it!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-30-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ….. But the Spyders " ECU " as set-up for BRP by Bosche …. Will always try to go back to the original parameters in the original design..... " MonsterFuel " is the only system that will work ….. IMHO ….. Mike
    Yes! All ECUs need the applicable software and or hardware to reprogram. Once inside does the ECU support the parameters you need? Anything can be done, up to and including installing a stand alone ECU. But why? I don't want to spill my coffee

Spyder Garage

Well thanks for all your input guys/gals. I just BSed my wife into letting me get the exhaust setup(this years Christmas present)for a Stage 2 flash, so nitrous won't be necessary. I'll hafta save my "Mad Money" for the actual flash but should be able get it done by Spring. If any of you'd like to donate to my Spyder Stash, please feel free.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very interesting discussion. Once my added warranty is over, I will be flashing my ECU on my spyder to get more power. But for now, I will be hoping on my Vmax for my speed fix. I do feel that if there is going to be nitrous plumed into an engine of this size, the proper place would be into the Air box, or anywhere before the throttle body. And for something of this size, I would start with a 20 shot and never go over a 30. I hope someone tries it one day and reports back with great results. It would be interesting.
    And no, some people who bought spyders do still have the need for speed. We do believe in more mods than cup holders and auxilary lights.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Very interesting discussion. Once my added warranty is over, I will be flashing my ECU on my spyder to get more power. But for now, I will be hoping on my Vmax for my speed fix. I do feel that if there is going to be nitrous plumed into an engine of this size, the proper place would be into the Air box, or anywhere before the throttle body. And for something of this size, I would start with a 20 shot and never go over a 30. I hope someone tries it one day and reports back with great results. It would be interesting.
    And no, some people who bought spyders do still have the need for speed. We do believe in more mods than cup holders and auxilary lights.
    Yup! Get your ECU flashed, I will be sending Monster the ECU from my Spyder and my Can Am quad this winter.
    Not a good idea to plumb into air box or before throttle body! If you had to close the throttle and the N2o build up then surged when opened again could destroy the engine. The reason to inject each runner is similar to why the fuel injectors are not in the air box, atomization and accuracy. You will not see any 4.60 bikes or pro cars or bikes with DRY systems or air box systems, there is a reason. Some folks in the olden days had sneaky systems to inject into air filter etc but just to get a sneaky edge for a moment.

I know the need for speed very well, I was a very dedicated street racer and drag racer in the early 80s, bikes and cars. I have had fast bikes all my life, I was building a Real Street Turbo Hayabusa when I had some serious health problems last year, I have some awesome parts for sale if you need a serious speed fix? I also own a Ducati Panigale V4, runs pretty good 214 HP!

I know there is more than cup holders and blinky lights, I forgot heated seats, grips and tall windshields Just kidding, none of that for me, well maybe a cup holder some day.

Spyder Garage

You should be able to already!