Spyder Garage

Default Rear tire pressure

Changing out the rear Arachnid for a car tire in a 205/55R15 size. Kept 30 psi in the Arachnid. What is the prevailing thoughts on tire pressure for an auto tire in the rear? The fronts are Federal Formoza AZ01 that I keep at 18psi.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    Changing out the rear Arachnid for a car tire in a 205/55R15 size. Kept 30 psi in the Arachnid. What is the prevailing thoughts on tire pressure for an auto tire in the rear? The fronts are Federal Formoza AZ01 that I keep at 18psi.
    Auto tires are much stronger than that Arachnid ( or a Kenda ) ….. most folks like 17 to 18 psi in the rear. …. it will give you the best traction & comfort at those psi's …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike. That makes it easy. 18psi all around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Auto tires are much stronger than that Arachnid ( or a Kenda ) ….. most folks like 17 to 18 psi in the rear. …. it will give you the best traction & comfort at those psi's …… Mike
    One other question Mike. What is the recommended drive belt tension. I understand that other then the factory setting is recommended.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    One other question Mike. What is the recommended drive belt tension. I understand that other then the factory setting is recommended.
    Based on past mechanical issues ( due to the OEM higher drive belt tensions - which caused bearing failures ) when I bought my new 14 RT, I immed. lowered the belt tension ( using a Kricket gauge ) to 160 lbs. ON THE GROUND …. it's different if the rear tire is off the ground ….. I discovered this also, all but cured the belt vibes …. why do I do it OFF the ground …. because it's way EASIER, and the setting I use equals what it is with the rear tire raised ….. ( just a simple time/work saver ) ….. Be warned most dealers will change your setting to BRP specs - wether you like ie or not ….. Mike