Thread: Which headset

Spyder Garage

Default Which headset

Please forgive my ignorance on Bluetooth headsets, I had always used wired headsets on my Harley
    I wish to get a blue tooth headset that will work with my 2019 Spyder RTL. My purpose is to listen to Sirius xm app connected by Bluetooth to the Spyder,

What headset do you recommend

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Formerharleyrider View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance on Bluetooth headsets, I had always used wired headsets on my Harley

Thanks
    I use Cardo Freecom 2+. It works great.
    2022 RT-L , Carbon Black - Chrome Trim

Spyder Garage

I have the SENA 20S Evo and love it!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Everything that I have read gives both the Sena and the Cardo high marks.
    I am not impressed with the fact that the Sena is not waterproof.
    How do people deal with that ?

Spyder Garage

I would give motorcycle dave a call, he is one of the vendors on the home page!!! He's great to work with and has good prices on just what you are looking for, call him and talk, he'll set you right up!!! Good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I haven’t had any issues with my Sena’s in rain.

Spyder Garage

I asked Sena about the water resistance of the 20S and they said it is similar to the SMH10. The 20S intercom module is weather-resistant, but not waterproof, which means it should be fine for rain use but not total immersion

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    I asked Sena about the water resistance of the 10S and they said it is similar to the SMH10 or the 20S. The 10S intercom module is weather-resistant, but not waterproof, which means it should be fine for rain use but not total immersion
    I don’t wear mine swimming LOL

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I wish to get a blue tooth headset that will work with my 2019 Spyder RTL. My purpose is to listen to Sirius xm app connected by Bluetooth to the Spyder,

Thanks
    Good question, Sena I think is by far the most popular and some like the Cardo. Few other brands have been mentioned. So you Have to shop a little; Sena has a large line of products to chose from that's for sure, even have some nice head sets with cameras built in and they sell helmets also with everything built in if you want to go that way. Sena and Cardo will sell blue tooth head sets in pairs so you can save a little if you want to talk to your passenger. lots of models to look at psst I like Sena but have not tried Cardo so I can not say anything bad about them. Good Luck Shopping!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have sent an email to motorcycle Dave and I have started researching Sean and cardio
    Thanks again as I had no idea where to begin until I received your responses

Spyder Garage

I've owned 3 Senas and now running a Cardio Packtalk Bold. I MUCH prefer the Packtalk, everything about it is top notch, and the audio quality is far better ---noting I have the JBL version. The only reason to get a Sena IMO is if you ride allot with other Senas, then pairing may be easier. That said, the Packtalk has multiple pair modes including some better mesh options, so will still talk with a Sena. I would give my Packtalk an A-, my Senas were a solid B (so not bad).
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

If you are using it primarily to listen to music, you could also consider the Uclear Pro series. Former. They have excellent speakers, and the microphones (dual), are located inside your helmet in the temple area, so you don’t have that boom hanging out, which really annoys me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

This Fortnine video about communicators just came out today. Some nice info about more communicators than I knew there were available.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uevmJCDXlME&t=306s
    This is mostly about mid-range communicators, which are good for most folks in small groups. They had a previous vedeo Sena vs. Cardo in 2018 and in the beginning of this one they refer to it. At the time the first one came out they liked the Cardo over Sena, mostly because then Sena didn't have MESH technology, and was less water resistant.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I have the SENA 20S Evo and love it!!
    Another vote for the 20S EVO. Good stuff.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

I use Sena 20 s. They work great.

Spyder Garage

Thanks

I shopped quite a bit and solicited many opinions, Cardo seemed to be a great choice. I have the Cardo FreeCom-1 because I do not need to talk with others except the phone. I have taken calls on a very busy highway and no one knew I was driving my Spyder. That said, check what fits into your helmet. I recently bought a Shoei Air II helmet and is was a bit of a challenge to get in. It does work well, but some manufacturers like Shoei have designs to fit a specific brand.