Thread: Gauge cover

Spyder Garage

Default Gauge cover

2015 RTL. There are some smears inside the clear cover over the analog gauges in the dash I want to clean. There are 4 or 6 (don't remember) screws that appear to just be holding the cover on. It looks like if you remove the screws, the cover is off and the gauges remain untouched and in place. Am I correct? Anything else that might be attached to it in the back?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't remove mine but the shop manager had one of the tech's do it. BRP put some type of anti-fog material on the back side of the gauge lens. Mine was so bad I swore somebody spilled coffee on the lens before it was installed. Anyway, just remove the dash remove the screws and clean the lens A good suggestion from someone else here was to place a towel down around the steering column so you won't lose any screws into the black hole of no return.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    2015 RTL. There are some smears inside the clear cover over the analog gauges in the dash I want to clean. There are 4 or 6 (don't remember) screws that appear to just be holding the cover on. It looks like if you remove the screws, the cover is off and the gauges remain untouched and in place. Am I correct? Anything else that might be attached to it in the back?
    I would go to one of the aftermarket parts sites and check the Fiche' for the instrument cluster …. I'm pretty sure they will show if it's a separate part and how it's assembled ……. Mike ..So I got curious and looked ….. the lens is a separate item like 2dogs said ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the help guys (and gals).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I would go to one of the aftermarket parts sites and check the Fiche' for the instrument cluster …. I'm pretty sure they will show if it's a separate part and how it's assembled ……. Mike ..So I got curious and looked ….. the lens is a separate item like 2dogs said ….. good luck …. Mike
    Good job Mike I was going out to the shop and look at mine that I took out and replaced with blanks so that I have the digital ones on the cluster!! Baron14 if you want my covers off mine, give me a PM!!I will not be using them!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Appreciate the offer but I think I will just pull the cover off mine, clean it, and put it back on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    There are 4 screws to remove the cover. I have a 2014RTS-SE6 spyder.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I have had my 2015 gauge cover off so I could clean the goop off of the inside. It wasn't difficult and I was finished in half an hour. I do suggest using a very soft microfiber or similar cloth and use only a mile soap and water. These covers scratch easily and scratches on the inside will drive you nuts. Remove cover carefully so you don't damage the seal which is reusable.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I have had my 2015 gauge cover off so I could clean the goop off of the inside. It wasn't difficult and I was finished in half an hour. I do suggest using a very soft microfiber or similar cloth and use only a mile soap and water. These covers scratch easily and scratches on the inside will drive you nuts. Remove cover carefully so you don't damage the seal which is reusable.
    Thanks for the info.