Thread: Warning light

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Warning light

Beautiful day for a ride in SE PA today - so off I go on my new 2019 RTL. Only 250 miles so far. I was cruising (using the cruise control) down the road with about 30 miles in going about 62 mph and an orange exclamation warning light came on (right next to the high beam icon). There was not a circle or triangle around the exclamation point. Some words scrolled down from the top of the console display - but I could not read what they were before they
    scrolled away. I pulled over and turned everything off. I waited 10 minutes and turned everything back on - NO orange exclamation warning light. I rode the 30 miles home and everything was good.

Any ideas??

Thanks - and I have learned a lot from this site!
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Hi Snake,
    There is a way to get recent codes by pushing the correct buttons on the left hand grip---- but don't shut off the motor. Help will soon be posted.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Get your foot away from the brake pedal, this is the most common fault for most.

Welcome to the forum!!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the welcome - I was in cruise control mode - so no brakes!! But,thanks for your input.

Spyder Garage

The orange exclamation light just means "Vehicle Malfunction". Without some code or reading the scrolling warning, there is no way to tell what the malfunction was.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Sometimes.............you will get a warning light for no apparent reason. The fact that it did not go back on after shutting the machine down is a good sign. It does not appear to be a major problem.

If it does return again, call up the codes as mentioned above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If it happens again. Read the the drop down message. If it goes back up before reading it. It will drop down again every minute or 2. If you are stopped. Then go into the settings menu. The bottom item is retrieve fault code or something like that. Choose that and post what you get here and someone will tell you what it means. Only works for active codes. Since it cleared when you cycled the ignition. You cannot access occured fault codes. Only someone with BUDS can.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I looked it up on page 131 of your owners guide. The drop down message will appear 3 times with 60 seconds between each. Then will repeat in 15 minutes.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Another awesome day for a ride in SE PA - might be the last good day for awhile - so I rode for 50 miles and no "vehicle malfunction" warning light
    I did go through my settings mode and did see the "read faults" at the bottom - so I now know I need to keep the bike running and go to this setting if it occurs again.

Thanks everyone for your help and have a Great Thanksgiving!!