Thread: At long last!

Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default At long last!

Picked up a 2014 ST S SE5 Cognac (10k miles on it) on Saturday and rode the 3 hours home after taking it for a test run earlier in the week.

Only made a few mistakes otherwise apart from traffic was great fun. Very happy I went for the ST as I couldn't get comfortable on the RS, RSS and budget would not extend to a later model. My body seems to like the different bars and the floor boards. A little saddle sore and hands were a bit painful but I haven't ridden any long distances on a bike for years so to be expected. Keeping within speed limits has been a challenge especially at the lower end!
    Akrapovic exhaust so it has a good note to it. I did not think floor boards would be so great as almost anything else I rode had normal foot pegs for the rider. Only things I miss at the moment are a back rest, drink holder and phone holder, not that I have ever had them on any of my bikes.
    Getting used to keeping the revs in the sweet spot and of course the handling. Looking forward to some weekend rides away from the main highways and traffic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 ST-S , Cognac