Thread: At long last!

Spyder Garage

Default At long last!

Picked up a 2014 ST S SE5 Cognac (10k miles on it) on Saturday and rode the 3 hours home after taking it for a test run earlier in the week.

Only made a few mistakes otherwise apart from traffic was great fun. Very happy I went for the ST as I couldn't get comfortable on the RS, RSS and budget would not extend to a later model. My body seems to like the different bars and the floor boards. A little saddle sore and hands were a bit painful but I haven't ridden any long distances on a bike for years so to be expected. Keeping within speed limits has been a challenge especially at the lower end!
    Akrapovic exhaust so it has a good note to it. I did not think floor boards would be so great as almost anything else I rode had normal foot pegs for the rider. Only things I miss at the moment are a back rest, drink holder and phone holder, not that I have ever had them on any of my bikes.
    Getting used to keeping the revs in the sweet spot and of course the handling. Looking forward to some weekend rides away from the main highways and traffic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats !! Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Really pretty Spyder. Happy TRAils. Post early, post often and post more pictures.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the kind thoughts. At least now I will be able to comment based on my experience rather than repeating the experiences of others.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    Picked up a 2014 ST S SE5 Cognac (10k miles on it) on Saturday and rode the 3 hours home after taking it for a test run earlier in the week.

Only made a few mistakes otherwise apart from traffic was great fun. Very happy I went for the ST as I couldn't get comfortable on the RS, RSS and budget would not extend to a later model. My body seems to like the different bars and the floor boards. A little saddle sore and hands were a bit painful but I haven't ridden any long distances on a bike for years so to be expected. Keeping within speed limits has been a challenge especially at the lower end!
    Akrapovic exhaust so it has a good note to it. I did not think floor boards would be so great as almost anything else I rode had normal foot pegs for the rider. Only things I miss at the moment are a back rest, drink holder and phone holder, not that I have ever had them on any of my bikes.
    Getting used to keeping the revs in the sweet spot and of course the handling. Looking forward to some weekend rides away from the main highways and traffic.
    The ST Does fit to its own niche of in-between. The floor boards I thought were on the Limiteds not the S & does allow some positive position repositioning while riding I will often leave toes on driver & prop heal on the passenger, then can stretch to the full forward all without having to stop & make adjustments Smooth Spyder dual-mode backrest way to go for stock seat. Till you find your sweet spot RPM keep good eye on the fuel gauge & trip meter. As fun as as it is it could use a bigger tank. Also might want experimenting with Trailer mode(adjust the down shifting RPM) : cup holder A492031C-6085-4CC9-8877-3742F2465BEC.jpg keeping a larger one or two in the frunk helps encourage stops to stretch therefore allowing more views & usually more enjoyable trips (relaxed no time restrictions) phone mount ~ plenty out there depends on your plan of use.
    Easiest to Bluetooth to headset & leave it in pocket or frunk ENJOY & yes more pics please.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

A good choice on your Spyder. Ryde Safe and Enjoy your Time with your Spyder...
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Congrates on the ride! The more you ride it, the more you will want to farkel it Good Luck and have fun!!! Be safe!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

And enjoy!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks again everyone it is a joy to behold. It was comments in other posts regarding the different riding positions that got me looking at the STs. Big thank you to forum members for all the sagely advice and candour.
    The dual-mode backrest is definitely on the list and the frunk tidy on yours bfromla will be a definite as well. I like a place for everything. The list is already expanding!
    Definitely want to take extra breaks as life has been far too rushed these past few years. 65 tomorrow so the Spyder is a nice birthday present. Hopefully only a year to go until retirement too.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Thanks again everyone it is a joy to behold. It was comments in other posts regarding the different riding positions that got me looking at the STs. Big thank you to forum members for all the sagely advice and candour.
    The dual-mode backrest is definitely on the list and the frunk tidy on yours bfromla will be a definite as well. I like a place for everything. The list is already expanding!
    Definitely want to take extra breaks as life has been far too rushed these past few years. 65 tomorrow so the Spyder is a nice birthday present. Hopefully only a year to go until retirement too.
    And Happy Birthday

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the new to you Spyder, it Looks sharp! Have a great Birthday!! Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks. This site makes ownership even more enjoyable!
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Congrats and Happy Birthday!
    You'll love your bike more each time you ride it.
    I have the 2015 ST L. I love my bike!
    Just make sure to check your oil often.
    I check mine after about 400 kms or so. She's an oil pig that's for sure.
    Pam

2020 F3 T

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
    Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    Dr. Seuss

2020 F3 T - Liquid Titanium

Previously owned
    - 2015 ST L
    - 1997 Suzuki Marauder VZ 800
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
    Congrats and Happy Birthday!
    You'll love your bike more each time you ride it.
    I have the 2015 ST L. I love my bike!
    Just make sure to check your oil often.
    I check mine after about 400 kms or so. She's an oil pig that's for sure.
    Thanks, must admit I have forgotten so far to check the oil but will make sure I do this weekend when I go for a spin.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Little more info about the frunk “tidy” as you called it. There are 3 parts really: just a adjustable cup holder with a center pocket found at auto parts house. Applied Velcro hooks to bottom & it sticks to the OEM liner has held 2 64oz theater cups. Spills can happen but keeping it centered & against back wall help. The liner is washable & there is a drain with rubber plug already in the frunk, easy to wash & clean The FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer) IMG_3014.jpg is really handy for the small items that find their way to the bottom & underneath everything I personally like keeping spare pair of shades in FLO stays protected & easy to find if & when I misplace my everyday pair or something annoying happens to them. So #1: OEM liner #2: FLO #3: adjustable cup holder

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bfromla for the birthday wishes and info on the frunk. Will start looking for suitable items. Ordering larger brake pedal and krikit ii today.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac