Spyder Garage

Default Ram intake system by Treal performance

Has anyone bought or thought about getting the Ram Air Intake System by Treal Performance?

Can anyone tell me if I was to get it will it mess anything up? Can I just add that without doing anything else to it? Right now I have a two brothers exhaust. I only want to do these two things and that’s it. I’m not experienced with the performance side but I like the way it looks and sounds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jsalientes3 View Post
    Has anyone bought or thought about getting the Ram Air Intake System by Treal Performance?

Can anyone tell me if I was to get it will it mess anything up? Can I just add that without doing anything else to it? Right now I have a two brothers exhaust. I only want to do these two things and that’s it. I’m not experienced with the performance side but I like the way it looks and sounds.
    If you like how it sounds and looks, that is 99.9% of the reason to buy it. Ram air designs, unless accurately validated, typically do little to nothing in regards to increased performance. Some designs for cars and trucks see gains, but most remain about equal to stock.

I saw a silly video showing a Ryker up on two wheels and such. If the increased power alone did that, a dyno chart is worthwhile.

Spyder Garage

Yes I’m more for the looks and sound at this point. So can I put the intake on with my two brothers exhaust without doing anything else to it? Meaning not tuning, no dyno, or any issues, etc?
    I just want these two things without doing any more to it. Because I’ve heard I need to get a dyno, headers, etc. which I know nothing about that stuff. I just want the looks and sound with no issues.

Spyder Garage

According to old Dodge theroy longer input tube gives more low rpm torque. Doubt it it measurable.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Yes I’m more for the looks and sound at this point. So can I put the intake on with my two brothers exhaust without doing anything else to it? Meaning not tuning, no dyno, or any issues, etc?
    I just want these two things without doing any more to it. Because I’ve heard I need to get a dyno, headers, etc. which I know nothing about that stuff. I just want the looks and sound with no issues.
    That is a question for the manufacturer of the intake, and I would ensure I got a clear detailed answer in writing. If it does not work, that way you might get a refund.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I answered this question on the other Thread on this subject by Batmobile-F3 …. read posts #3 & #11 ….. On my 1330 I added two computer fans …. one before the air filter and one after the filter ….. These fans move a lot more air than a scoop and large intake …. But, I did this before figuring out that the BRP computers will compensate for this increase in Air. …… But these fans didn't decrease the power in the engine - ie. didn't hurt anything …… good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Ok thank you

Spyder Garage

I doubt the computer fans boosted the manifold pressure. Did you measure the manifold boost?
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I answered this question on the other Thread on this subject by Batmobile-F3 …. read posts #3 & #11 ….. On my 1330 I added two computer fans …. one before the air filter and one after the filter ….. These fans move a lot more air than a scoop and large intake …. But, I did this before figuring out that the BRP computers will compensate for this increase in Air. …… But these fans didn't decrease the power in the engine - ie. didn't hurt anything …… good luck …. Mike
    So, in other words, a poor man's blower then!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    I doubt the computer fans boosted the manifold pressure. Did you measure the manifold boost?
    #1- ……… #2- No I didn't measure it ….because of #1...…… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    So, in other words, a poor man's blower then!
    That was my original thinking ( to some extent ) ….. however after I figured out that the way BRP has the computers set up, Today's technology cancels pretty much All the things you could do to boost power ….. It doesn't hurt to attempt things as long as it doesn't hurt anything...…………… Mike

Spyder Garage

That was my original thinking ( to some extent ) ….. however after I figured out that the way BRP has the computers set up, Today's technology cancels pretty much All the things you could do to boost power ….. It doesn't hurt to attempt things as long as it doesn't hurt anything...…………… Mike
    I am not sure that it's so much that the computer works so much to cancel this kind of mod as it is to compensate. It's not the same thing. In other words. If you flow more air past the MAF sensor, the computer will add more fuel to compensate. Just like the computer will compensate for a colder, denser air mass. Or hotter, less dense air mass, etc.

Who knows? You may have done more good than you think! At any rate, mods can be fun. And like you say, if it doesn't hurt anything. You're still good go to!

2blowerboss.jpg

Spyder Garage

I am not sure that it's so much that the computer works to cancel this kind of mod as it is to compensate for the difference it makes. These are not the same thing. In other words. If you flow more air past the MAF sensor, the computer will add more fuel to compensate. Just like the computer will compensate for a colder, denser air mass. Or hotter, less dense air mass, etc.

Who knows? You may have done more good than you think! At any rate, mods can be fun. And like you say, if it doesn't hurt anything. You're still good go to!

After all... Can you have TOO MUCH HP?!

2blowerboss.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-24-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

In case anyone was wondering like I was, here's what this intake looks like:

IMG_4838.jpg

Video from Treal's website:

Finally, a link to their product page:

https://www.trealperformance.com/utv...-intake-system

Personally, I think it looks goofy. But to each their own. Definitely an aggressive look.
    2019 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My educated, experienced..........opinion is don't waste your hard earned $$$ is don't do it....unless you are one of those that wear your Base Ball cap backwards because you think that it makes you Cool Man.....
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

When a company makes a lot of claims for increased power, torque, speed, and even engine temperatures(lol), but provide ZERO b2b dyno tests etc, that is a HUGE warning flag.
    Dont get me wrong, I am not against tuning and hot roddin'. Most modifications, especially those that increase engine performance, will also have a negative effect on durability, but at least it should be clear what what you get, so you can value the risk vs reward.
    A "desktop-tune", for example just increased RPM limit, agressive timing, adjusted fuel tables, etc could make for a quick demise of an engine.
    I am not saying that is the case here, I am just saying its a risk, and the way they advertise it makes my engine spider sense tingle big time.

As far as the intake goes, the "RAM" effect looks like it might very well be worse than the stock scoops. And as with any "sport" aftermarket filters one should think both once and twice regarding the risks, since you for example dont know what the filtration efficiency is compared to stock OEM.
    The looks and intake sound on the other hand, thats a personal preference if you like it or not

Since Im at it, the modification mentioned with computer fans, very creative but wont add any measurable power. They are not adding significant boost, and with no boost the air mass flow will be the same (unless you have a very agressive cam with a lot of overlap). Not meant as critizism, just input!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    When a company makes a lot of claims for increased power, torque, speed, and even engine temperatures(lol), but provide ZERO b2b dyno tests etc, that is a HUGE warning flag.
    Dont get me wrong, I am not against tuning and hot roddin'. Most modifications, especially those that increase engine performance, will also have a negative effect on durability, but at least it should be clear what what you get, so you can value the risk vs reward.
    A "desktop-tune", for example just increased RPM limit, agressive timing, adjusted fuel tables, etc could make for a quick demise of an engine.
    I am not saying that is the case here, I am just saying its a risk, and the way they advertise it makes my engine spider sense tingle big time.

As far as the intake goes, the "RAM" effect looks like it might very well be worse than the stock scoops. And as with any "sport" aftermarket filters one should think both once and twice regarding the risks, since you for example dont know what the filtration efficiency is compared to stock OEM.
    The looks and intake sound on the other hand, thats a personal preference if you like it or not

Since Im at it, the modification mentioned with computer fans, very creative but wont add any measurable power. They are not adding significant boost, and with no boost the air mass flow will be the same (unless you have a very agressive cam with a lot of overlap). Not meant as critizism, just input!
    ALL input is a good thing ………. But in my Post on this, my opinion was …. THE BRP COMPUTER WOULD VERY LIKELY CANCEL ANY ATTEMPTED BENEFIT ……… Just keeping it Real ……....…………...Mike

Spyder Garage

I posted this in another thread about the same thing. This set-up is really just a CAI (Cold Air Intake) for the Ryker and where it may benefit cars by cooling the intake charge going into the combustion chamber, I doubt it really does much for the Ryker since the engine is exposed to the environment and the intake is already taking in cold air from the side of the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Unless you remap your ecu after adding your mods, then as stated above your ecu will just try make it run at pre programed factory settings... it will make little or no difference other than use more fuel and prob run worse. Back in the day before ecu's you could chuck a filter on and rejet your carbs etc.. but not now without a computer to map stuff in or out im.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytops View Post
    Unless you remap your ecu after adding your mods, then as stated above your ecu will just try make it run at pre programed factory settings... it will make little or no difference other than use more fuel and prob run worse. Back in the day before ecu's you could chuck a filter on and rejet your carbs etc.. but not now without a computer to map stuff in or out im.
    Not quiet true. The ECU easily can adjust to the minimum differences differences these most minor mods do. As soon you remap your ECU you will most likely void your factory warranty. The Ram Air set up in this thread is for looks only.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Put a Turbo and a programmer with it ad then you would have a package worth having!!! just cold intake not so much! My 2 cents!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl