Spyder Garage

Default Any better alternatives to BRP Signature Light?

I'm interested in purchasing this particular product,(sku 219400599 cost $209.99 CAD) but before this happens does anyone know of another alternative that is equal or better and possibly less expensive.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Tricled also sells some great products. https://www.tricledusa.com/spyder-f3

Spyder Garage

I also have the Lamonster Bright Ryder and love it for visibility and at night. Also a lot cheaper and super easy to install.
    2016 F3-T , Lamonster break pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

Gonna get me a Bright Ryder

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalub View Post
    I also have the Lamonster Bright Ryder and love it for visibility and at night. Also a lot cheaper and super easy to install.
    Does the Lamonster Bright Ryder include the light under the frunk and across the bottom?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Think it's just the frunk light..

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Does the Lamonster Bright Ryder include the light under the frunk and across the bottom?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    No - as that is on the lighted bump skid.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ster-approved/
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I got a "Signature" light before I took delivery of my 2016. Within the 90 day warranty period half of it went dark. I reported it to Johnny K in Niles OH
    and asked for a replacement and they told me that it was a light and BuRP won't warranty lights. I mentioned it on here and got several responses that it was NOT a light but an LED so try again. I did. This time they took pictures and said they would try to get it done. I called back in about a month and they said BuRP denied to fix it. I mentioned that here again and it was recommended to me to contact BuRP directly in email. I did and they told me to take it to the nearest dealer which was down here in Greenville SC so they could check the "history" on it. I did and there was NO history because Johnny K in Niles OH did NOT report it.

I will NEVER buy anything from JK Niles again. I actually fashioned my own solution to the problem of the empty space under the frunk lid. It cost roughly $20 and plugs into the OEM signature light harness.

Full details ON MY PAGE >click here< This shows the white/amber switchback light I made. I have on order Blue/Amber to match my fog lights.

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster’s Bright Light

I purchased Lamonster’s F3 Bright Ryder signature light for my 2018:F3T
    He has an excellent video to show the installation see:-

https://youtu.be/1spTbzK85_M

I’ve completed the install I made a change because the Bright Light lead runs under the Front trunk and very near one of the Cooling hoses which will give off heat
    I added Flexible Corrugated Conduit to give extra protection
    The tubing is clipped to ensure it does not catch the Trunk hinge as it open & closes
    I’m very impressed with the light output and should aid my visibility to other road users
    See photos :-
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I got a "Signature" light before I took delivery of my 2016. Within the 90 day warranty period half of it went dark. I reported it to Johnny K in Niles OH
    and asked for a replacement and they told me that it was a light and BuRP won't warranty lights. I mentioned it on here and got several responses that it was NOT a light but an LED so try again. I did. This time they took pictures and said they would try to get it done. I called back in about a month and they said BuRP denied to fix it. I mentioned that here again and it was recommended to me to contact BuRP directly in email. I did and they told me to take it to the nearest dealer which was down here in Greenville SC so they could check the "history" on it. I did and there was NO history because Johnny K in Niles OH did NOT report it.

I will NEVER buy anything from JK Niles again. I actually fashioned my own solution to the problem of the empty space under the frunk lid. It cost roughly $20 and plugs into the OEM signature light harness.

Full details ON MY PAGE >click here< This shows the white/amber switchback light I made. I have on order Blue/Amber to match my fog lights.

That is really slick - I really like it!

Spyder Garage

Before I spend $60+, I think I'll try some ebay/Chinese cheapo's for a $1.75 WTH ...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Car-12...y/254428493889

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I went with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    EDIT: Interesting - the seller changed the link or something on Amazon - that link is cut right out of my order - but now doesn't show the Red/White light I bought - it only shows a white only version. This is close to what I bought - but this is blue instead of red - https://www.amazon.com/SZMAITOU-Head...omotive&sr=1-2

My Wiring is a bit complicated but I can explain:

I use the AUX line in the Frunk to power the White side - so when the Spyder is running the white light is on.
    I used my other LED light set-up to wire the Red side - so when my other LED lights are on - the Red is on.
    HOWEVER - I also used the AUX Line mentioned above and a Relay - to cut power to the Red lights when the Spyder is running. So the end result is:

1) Turn on the Color Changing LED - the Red lighting on the front lights up.
    2) Turn on the Spyder and the Red lights go out - the white light lights up - but the rest of my ground affect light is unaffected.

I love this set-up - and it was very cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jdr00ejr; 11-22-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added additional information.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black