Greetings from Washougal, WA!

I started this project of DIY magnetic mirror mount (mmm for short) for myself but I ended up abandoning it and just bought the pre-made set from Lamonster.

I figured there might be someone else out there who would enjoy finishing what I began so I'm offering this to the Spyderlovers out there who are also fellow DIY lovers. I'm only looking to recoup what I spent on the magnets which was $30 (plus shipping).

Kit.jpg

Included in the "kit":
(Qty 6) 1.5" squares of roughly 10 gauge metal.
(Qty 1) A bonus metal piece that is already shaped and drilled to fit your mirror.
This gives you a total of 7 plates (One spare in case you mess one of em' up!)
(Qty 6) 1.25" (OD) Neodymium magnets*
(Qty 6) Cap head screws to attach the magnets to your Spyder.
(Qty 12) Bugle head screws for attaching the metal plates into the mirror.
a. These are a bit too long for the task at hand and will need to be snipped.
b. You may choose counter sink the holes in the metal such that you can recycle the stock screws
c. ...or you may choose to find some other screw altogether for this part of the assembly.

*NOTE: The inside diameter is just a smidge too small for the screws and will have to be drilled out. Not sure what sort of bit might be needed for this task as Neodymium is somewhat brittle.

Other NOTE: Other washers, or stand-offs or various bits not mentioned above will be required to complete the project.

Final NOTE: When it's gone, it's gone. No warranties are expressed or implied with this one-of-a-kind kit. Just the promise of some fun for the DIYer who would like to pick up where I left off.

Thanks for reading! PM me if interested.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
David