Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I agree, but if his countries law reads that if it has a 50 ratio tire and it has to be a 50 ratio tire put back on then he can use any 50 ratio tire regardless of width. We are currently running a 205/50R15 on my wife's F3L with great results.
    in march of 2018 i put on a 205/50/15 michelin Defender T&H mud & snow tire SUV tire with a 91 H ugL 820 rating ( A&B for high speed )tire new had 10/32S tread depth, tire is wearing flat across perfectly flat across .. I keep presure @ 26psi tire has 6/32S tread depth left, with 12535 miles on the tire now;. WE ride 2 up 95% of the timethe only thing that sucked in 2019 wsa the weather it rained every other day' and we never had a summer; it went from a late wet cold spring . to a early wet fall.. any way i left youall with record keepins stats on how This tire is preforming

Spyder Garage

I bought a new Kenda Kanine and it arrived today. Spec sheet for tire says "max pressure" is 44 psi but nobody (Kenda or Can Am) can give me a "recommended" pressure to initially set it at. Can Am doesn't even know the new tire exists, and Kenda was no help. (Why am I not surprised). I suppose I'll start at 27 psi like the original tire and work from there. Anyone know what the Maximum pressure on the sidewall is for the original Kenda's that were stock on the RT's? Mine is a 2017 RTS. I may be able to dial in an initial pressure by comparing the max pressure ratings for the original and the Kanine, at least for a starting point.

P.S. this is for the rear tire, same size as original.

Thanks! Hank

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

27 28 sounds good

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    I bought a new Kenda Kanine and it arrived today. Spec sheet for tire says "max pressure" is 44 psi but nobody (Kenda or Can Am) can give me a "recommended" pressure to initially set it at. Can Am doesn't even know the new tire exists, and Kenda was no help. (Why am I not surprised). I suppose I'll start at 27 psi like the original tire and work from there. Anyone know what the Maximum pressure on the sidewall is for the original Kenda's that were stock on the RT's? Mine is a 2017 RTS. I may be able to dial in an initial pressure by comparing the max pressure ratings for the original and the Kanine, at least for a starting point.

P.S. this is for the rear tire, same size as original.

Thanks! Hank
    If you can show a pic of the sidewall that provides the composition of the tire ie tread layers and fabric etc. some one here may be able to give some accurate info ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

For the OEM size Kumho tires, I just ordered one from Amazon. They have 2 different listings for the tires. Both are the same size, speed rating, and the tread pattern looks the same,

but one of them is listed as an ALL-Season Radial and the other one is listed as a Performance Radial.

All the specs are not the same but the manufacturer's part numbers are the same. The tread depth is listed as being different, but one is listed metric and the other is listed inch. That could be a typo.

The weight is a little different. I am not sure if the tires are really different or maybe the same tire manufactured later, earlier or whatever.

The same price on both tires. I ordered the Performance tire.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you can show a pic of the sidewall that provides the composition of the tire ie tread layers and fabric etc. some one here may be able to give some accurate info ….. Mike
    Ok I'll snap a pic or simply post the info later when I look more closely at the tire. It just pisses me off that neither Kenda or Can Am is willing/able to give me this basic piece of information, especially since the new model tire is being specifically marketed as a replacement for the Spyder OEM tire. Probably the word "liability" is involved somewhere.

Spyder Garage

not relevant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kiwirs View Post
    not relevant
    Sorry to hear you aren’t relevant, Kiwirs Or were you referring to one of the posts? y

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red