Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

sunny day - around the lakes here in Austria ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Q3...nNvYrN6bAAcAFw
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I changed out the KYB front shocks on my Rally model with a set of 400 mm replacements as recommended by chris56. So far I am happier with nearly 7" of clearance under the radiator and have not identified any downside. Time will tell regarding durability.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I changed out the KYB front shocks on my Rally model with a set of 400 mm replacements as recommended by chris56. So far I am happier with nearly 7" of clearance under the radiator and have not identified any downside. Time will tell regarding durability.
    what modell did you take ?
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    what modell did you take ?

I tried a different design without the air reservoir. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It did include 3 sets of inserts for the eyes in different sizes including 10 mm. Because the front end is now higher relative to the seat I do have to sit up straight to see over the windscreen.

Spyder Garage

I tried a different design without the air reservoir. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    they look great - do you have a technical datasheet ??
    mine is now OK on the front - still comfortable also on higher speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9rg...ature=youtu.be

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately they did not have any documentation or instruction manual. The Amazon site does provide some specifications such as spring wire diameter, capacity, and options.

Spyder Garage

It did include 3 sets of inserts for the eyes in different sizes including 10 mm. Because the front end is now higher relative to the seat I do have to sit up straight to see over the windscreen.
    Can you post some pics? Curious to see the difference in ride height. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cburns70 View Post
    Can you post some pics? Curious to see the difference in ride height. Thanks!
    Lets try this. I added the ruler for scale.
    lifted rally.jpg

It currently has 6.5 inches of clearance under the radiator. Stock was 4.5 inch.

Spyder Garage

Thanks! Yeah I can see the difference. How does it handle?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cburns70 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I can see the difference. How does it handle?
    Little change in handling. The seat is several inches higher so you feel slightly more body roll just due to the seating position. The spring rate and damping rate on the shocks seem to be well balanced.

Spyder Garage

I put a Madstad windshield on yesterday. Went for a little ride today to see how it was, and got caught in a monsoon. I was glad I had it instead of the little Mickey Mouse factory one. So far I like it a lot.

Spyder Garage

I haven't been updating this on a regular basis so I will just do a big dump right now.

What I upgraded this year:

My helmet first and foremost....went to the new Scorpion Covert X modular helmet

Windshield is the Puig 5022H - Its a universal windshield that allows me to see over it while still deflecting most of the wind that was making highway riding annoying. Perfect height but maybe could be a little wider because my forearms (when bare) feel a lot of wind. Looks real nice on the Ryker too.

Baja Rons Sway Bar End Links - Only the end links and I notice a big difference changing lanes or scootin' around corners.Much less dipping. I will eventually get he sway bay itself in the future.

Reflector replacements for the fenders. I replaced them with the LED lightbars that slingmods sells. HUGE difference in visibility now.They are lit all teh time and can be seen from the front, back and side...making me a wider visual target.

The horn...'nuf said

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had a K@N air filter delivered from amazon today, i picked up a ultra guard indoor cover, tank protector, tinted plate cover and side mount drink holder from UPS in Detroit on Thursday, unfortunately i wont be home for another 5 days so they will all have to wait until then, maybe then i can get me some more riding in.

Spyder Garage

Decided it was a good day to go get coffee, then a nice 40 mile no-destination ride around Marion County, before I got caught in the rain.
    2020 Ace , BLACK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I haven't been updating this on a regular basis so I will just do a big dump right now.

What I upgraded this year:

My helmet first and foremost....went to the new Scorpion Covert X modular helmet

Windshield is the Puig 5022H - Its a universal windshield that allows me to see over it while still deflecting most of the wind that was making highway riding annoying. Perfect height but maybe could be a little wider because my forearms (when bare) feel a lot of wind. Looks real nice on the Ryker too.

Baja Rons Sway Bar End Links - Only the end links and I notice a big difference changing lanes or scootin' around corners.Much less dipping. I will eventually get he sway bay itself in the future.

Reflector replacements for the fenders. I replaced them with the LED lightbars that slingmods sells. HUGE difference in visibility now.They are lit all teh time and can be seen from the front, back and side...making me a wider visual target.

The horn...'nuf said
    Any pics of the Puig windscreen on your bike?
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by angusmcoz View Post
    That's it but mine is the light smoke. The height is close to the oem version but width is more.

I will post a pic when I get a chance.

Spyder Garage

Yesterday I did the following:

LED Lights
    New Horn of course
    Linq Rack
    Sport Bag
    Saddle Bag
    Max Mount
    Brake Light Flashing wires from Slingmods

more to follow soon I'm sure.

Spyder Garage

just riding .. 2up nine hours a day ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYnb31TbnLw&t=23s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by angusmcoz View Post
    This is the Blue Puig 5022 on my Ryker.
    Looks nice, looks like it would do a good job of blocking the wind (& bugs).
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

IMG_20200919_121511.jpg

Here is the puig in light smoke. It does a great job of blocking the wind but still allows me to look over the top.

Spyder Garage

At 5'11" it keeps most of the air off my chest. Air starts just below my helmet with little in the way of turbulence on my head. I notice little if any input to the steering with the bar mounted shield even in strong quartering head winds. Does what I wanted it to do.
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Chris have you ever adjusted the ride with the air pressure on the shocks. Looks like it comes from the factory with .4 MPI (approx 58 psi) and can be adjusted up to a max of .5 MPI (approx 73 psi).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    Chris have you ever adjusted the ride with the air pressure on the shocks. Looks like it comes from the factory with .4 MPI (approx 58 psi) and can be adjusted up to a max of .5 MPI (approx 73 psi).
    didn`know that ... have to try it out !! Thanks !

Spyder Garage

One year since I bought my Ryker, so it was time for service! Got around 2500 very enjoyable miles in the seat so far
    Was a nice long trip to the dealer, about 400 miles with an overnight stay at my parents summer house. The riding season is coming to an end in Sweden, but hopefully I will get a few more trips done before plugging in the battery tender for the winter storage.