Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I changed my barely-used oil because it was a year old
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

I finished installing the Shad saddlebag. It went about like I thought it would - OK overall but included moments of extreme frustration like everything I do. A few thoughts:

1. The designs of the case and mounting bracket are pretty solid.
    2. I wish BRP wasn't so in love with star/Torx bolts. I lost count of how many times the star bit slipped out of the M8 panhead bolt. I smashed my knuckle once and thought I was going to strip the heads. The size of the Torx bit is too small for the torque needed, and a more cylindrical bolt head instead of pan, with a deeper star recess, would be smarter.
    3. The longer bolts that replace the 2 Max Mount bolts for one of the bracket pieces were so hard to tighten that I thought I had stripped them several times. It's fun to torque them to spec when the Torx bit keeps popping out.
    4. The mounting kit includes large a piece needed if you don't have the Max Mount. That's a waste of money and aluminum - they should offer 2 kits. I can't imagine ever removing the Max Mount and reconfiguring.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Finely got the saddle bag system fabricated and installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-11-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Finely got the saddle bag system fabricated and installed.
    That looks real nice
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-11-2022 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Thanks it was fun to fab something.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Handlebar end weights today.

Spyder Garage

Today I received from T Rex Fabs the Bar End Weights. (on sale as of this date for $30.00 + tax) I went out in 28 degree shed and installed them. I had previously cut, ground, and painted the end handlebar expansions. I weighted them with screws, 17oz total.
    https://www.trex-fab.com/products/ha...ghts-stainless
    Last edited by canamryder; 02-23-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yesterday I installed BajaRon's sway bar links on my Ryker and my wife's. Will take it for a spin this weekend and see how it does.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2022 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Baha Ron = BajaRon ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default Installed Backrest

I finished installing a backrest with a homemade bracket (looks like it, also) The bracket is made from shelving brackets. I doubled stacked them for increased strength. Glad they do bend somewhat 'cause 90 degrees makes the top of the cushion push to much forward. The bracket goes back across the "lock" open hole in the max mount, then a cross member underneath , with a bolt and nylon lock nut clamps it down. The backrest still twist, but only if I make it. The Ryker backrest is not comfy (according to MY back), too small, too low, and not much padding. The eye hook is just for kicks.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WZ16HWH...roduct_details
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0768SH78H...roduct_details

Spyder Garage

Today I went to "Ace" and picked up 2' of clear tubing, 5/16" ID if you're wondering, and a brass barb, for extending the fuel overflow tube. I used 14" of the 24" tubing. Cost me $4.77 (+tax).

Spyder Garage

I installed the comfort seat and managed to break off one mounting tab . BRP, please use a better plastic material or a metal tab system, because you know most people don't want to lift the body off to install a seat that *should* just snap into place. I never had to disassemble any motorcycle I had to remove the seat.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

this year my Battery needed a charger - started fine and I made my first warm up .. runs perfect !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7_uAzKjkA&t=22s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Wanted to make mine a bit more visible with some reflectors so was looking around and saw this and had to have it. LOL

Rykerhawk.jpg

Spyder Garage

I improved my Rally's quality of life. She was suffering in the late afternoon heat in the shed last summer. So I installed a radiant heat barrier on the inside West wall. The roof was done last year. I might do the south end someday, but there is some shade back there. No attic crawling today either. I'll keep the East side alone, there's shade on that side. I'm thinking of adding some wood trim along the seams for a final touch.

Spyder Garage

Bought it!

Later,
    EV

20220402_134717.jpg
    2022 Ryker Sport, 2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X, 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R, 2023 KTM 390 Duke

Spyder Garage

I changed my CVT belt; it was the first time for my Ryker. I guess I could have taken it to my dealer, waited for a month, and paid a whole bunch. Between the clutch sheve tool and a new belt I have about $200 and my time in the job. Im retired so my time is free. It took about three hours for this time but now that I know all the figity tricks I am confident I can do it in less than an hour next time. I do not have any way to communicate with the ECM so I will have to make a trip to the dealer to get the transmission maintainence warning turned off.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

I added LED headlights and convex mirrors to mine.

Spyder Garage

Installed the comfort driver and passenger seats. Big improvement.

20220407_190607.jpg

Later,
    EV
    2022 Ryker Sport, 2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X, 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R, 2023 KTM 390 Duke

Spyder Garage

Just finished the 1st ride of '22. (48 miles) Now only 24 miles until I hit the big 12,000 miler. This next time the fuel is low I'll raise the clam shell to check/change the CVT belt, warning will most likely be on by then. I'm not a rubber burner so belt, I expect, to be in pretty good shape. I'll measure the belt to check where it is in the width range. Maybe in the top 40% of range I won't change it. Trouble is it may need changing when it's 90 degrees out in the shed this summer. Decisions..Decisions.

Spyder Garage

Just do it or get it on order so you can do it soon. No sense waiting...it's close enough IMO

Spyder Garage

Installed the aluminum handguards and lighting kit.

Note to anyone adding the handguards to a '22 Sport;
    You won't use one of the four supplied half-circle clamps for the back of the guard, as this is already there as the bezel for the cruise control button.

Later,
    EV
    20220412_194918.jpg

Spyder Garage

Put down a deposit on a 2022 Ryker. Will have it delivered next month and paid in full.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dale001 View Post
    Put down a deposit on a 2022 Ryker. Will have it delivered next month and paid in full.
    Way to go!!

Spyder Garage

Congrats Dale! You wind up getting the Carbon Black panels you were thinking of?

Later,
    EV

Spyder Garage

Waiting, impatiently, for a call from the dealer to let me know my Ryker is in.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase