Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

PUIG 8088 windshield, stopped long enough for a pic

20210822_192242-800.jpg
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Installed my set of BajaRon's sway bar links. Cleaned it up a bit.
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Just installed the BajaRon end links. I seem to recall reading elsewhere on these forums that a magnet might be useful when installing the spacers. My spacers were not magnetic (e.g., austenitic stainless steel). My 12 inch hemostat made quick work of it.
    Hemostat.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    Just installed the BajaRon end links. I seem to recall reading elsewhere on these forums that a magnet might be useful when installing the spacers. My spacers were not magnetic (e.g., austenitic stainless steel). My 12 inch hemostat made quick work of it.
    Hemostat.jpg
    Guess I am dexterous enough it took me a couple of tries and I got mine in with my fingers and a little pressure from pushing the bolt in. I saw someone using a bread tie to install them.
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Black Dymond floor boards and highway pegs = DONE!

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

Waiting for the wife to get home from work so we can adjust them to her liking.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Added a top box and first thing to go in it was a tire plug kit complete with co2 cartridges .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Swapped out the original grips for the red sport grips DA63CCA2-489D-48C4-A002-44830BAF8ABB.jpg

Spyder Garage

Inserted a P1X power tip into the two brothers muffler to maintain my sanity. The exhaust was too loud. Went on my first road trip for an evening dinner with friends. I just bought this 2019 900 ACE two days ago and so far I am a fan. Very enjoyable ride for this 74 year old 2 wheeler for 45 years or so.

Spyder Garage

Did the RickD daytime running light mod (with some tweaks) and installed a remote battery tender plug in the frunk. Not bad for a rainy day BS tinkering session!

I wired the DRL right into the accessory lighting circuit, so it comes on with the bike and goes off when your marker lights go off after shutting down. I did not use a handlebar mounted switch, it is all automatic. Compliments the Elite LED headlights very well!

IMG_2229 2.jpg

I also used a step drill to bore a hole in the front of the frunk (in the weatherstripping) and wired in a battery tender charging port so my wife doesn't have to take the hood off to put it on the tender. Much easier and cleaner, in my opinion.

IMG_2230.jpg
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spygoat View Post
    I also used a step drill to bore a hole in the front of the frunk (in the weatherstripping) and wired in a battery tender charging port so my wife doesn't have to take the hood off to put it on the tender. Much easier and cleaner, in my opinion.
    Nicely done! I am considering just removing the battery (easy enough to get to) and bring in the house and put it on a tender to keep it out of the cold. Not quite as easy to do on my Harley.
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Nicely done! I am considering just removing the battery (easy enough to get to) and bring in the house and put it on a tender to keep it out of the cold. Not quite as easy to do on my Harley.
    That's why I have heat in my garage...my Harley and the wife's Ryker are happy in there.

garage2.jpg
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Spygoat,

obviously those of us in cold weather have to put the battery on a tender over the winter storage months. Given that you've gone to the quick-connect, I presume you/your wife also put your Ryker on the tender whenever you park it.

Do you have previous experience with parasitic current draw on your Ryker draining your battery?
    If so, how long between starts does it pull down to the point of needing a jump? A week? A month?

Thanks,
    EV

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EchoVictor View Post
    Spygoat,

obviously those of us in cold weather have to put the battery on a tender over the winter storage months. Given that you've gone to the quick-connect, I presume you/your wife also put your Ryker on the tender whenever you park it.

Do you have previous experience with parasitic current draw on your Ryker draining your battery?
    If so, how long between starts does it pull down to the point of needing a jump? A week? A month?

Thanks,
    EV
    We have not had an issue, but being the possibility is there, we got in front of it before the winter. Generally, on a Harley with comparable mods, 2-3 weeks will drain the battery to the point it will not start.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EchoVictor View Post
    Spygoat,

Thanks,
    EV
    I would say a month or so but I have never had to do it. The one time that it sat for that long it started slowly but did start. At least I nooss had a time frame to work with.

Spyder Garage

Did the RickD daytime running light mod (with some tweaks) and installed a remote battery tender plug in the frunk. Not bad for a rainy day BS tinkering session!

I wired the DRL right into the accessory lighting circuit, so it comes on with the bike and goes off when your marker lights go off after shutting down. I did not use a handlebar mounted switch, it is all automatic. Compliments the Elite LED headlights very well!

IMG_2229 2.jpg
    Looks great! The color temp of the DRL is a good match with your headlights. In the charging port photo, what keeps your connector from falling out?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-31-2021 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    Looks great! The color temp of the DRL is a good match with your headlights. In the charging port photo, what keeps your connector from falling out?
    I wish I would have taken a picture, but I have an inline bulkhead fitting on there (think waterproof boat transition for wiring) which fit around the tender cable and under the rubber dust cover on the actual connector. It required me to remove the battery terminal connectors from the battery side of the tender harness, but they are easy enough to put back on the wires. Then, I simply used the step drill to slowly bore out the hole until the bulkhead connector was snug.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-31-2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

added k&n filter to CVT side
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Installed Show Chrome Command floorboards and brake pad purchased from a fellow member here. Thank you!
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

mine stood around 100 days ( two times now) without a tender or so .. but: after the restart you should make a longer trip to load her up, if not you would need "help" bei the next start !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reYdsKwzlBs&t=5s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I bought a windshield for my 2021 Ryker Rally Edition today now I have to put it on or pay someone to to do it for me. This is the bike and the windsheild that's oing on it.

240675911_4282086788536697_1128264614659035690_n.jpg...241113298_4282132585198784_7071036998401706473_n.jpg

Spyder Garage

In addition to the db buster for my two brothers exhaust, I recently installed a keyless ignition system from Digital Guard dog. The system is nice and the customer service is superb. Also installed a max mount upon which I placed my old EMGO top box. Also bought a locking fuel cap.

So far the 900 ACE is a great ride, fun to accessorize with excellent youtube tutorials.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1 View Post
    I bought a windshield for my 2021 Ryker Rally Edition today now I have to put it on or pay someone to to do it for me. This is the bike and the windsheild that's oing on it.

240675911_4282086788536697_1128264614659035690_n.jpg...241113298_4282132585198784_7071036998401706473_n.jpg
    We have the same one on my wife's bike. Very easy to install, should take you all of 20 minutes with hand tools.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Axle cap and wheel bearing kit arrives today from SlingMods. I will be installing it after work!

This is something CanAm should have done at the factory.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:28 AM.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Axle cap and wheel bearing kit arrives today from SlingMods. I will be installing it after work!

This is something CanAm should have done at the factory.
    They came today and they are installed!

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:28 AM.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red