Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i ordered the sequential front fender amber and red turn / running lights from slingmods today. I finally get home tomorrow so i will be able to install my other picked up goodies tomorrow night.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Installed a rear tinted plate cover, a side mounted cup holder and a tuffskins tank protector ... i actually only used a small portion of it ... using the whole kit kinda looks like a fish bone running up the whole tank IMHO. I also adjusted my stock rear shook to the highest (firmest ) position, a firmer ride solo but i am hoping it improves the 2 up softness. If this is still no good i will get the "two up" shock. I just cant wait to ride it tomorrow ... you know after cutting grass and completing the "honey do list" after being on the road for 16 days.

Spyder Garage

I just ordered these shocks and will play with the air as well. Keep us posted if you try changes

Spyder Garage

Replacement Shocks

When you installed the new shocks were the ends wide enough to fit between the brackets where the shocks are bolted on? I got the RYF version and just looking it seems they are narrower than the existing shocks. Wondering if a washer or two on each side may be a good idea?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    Replacement Shocks

When you installed the new shocks were the ends wide enough to fit between the brackets where the shocks are bolted on? I got the RYF version and just looking it seems they are narrower than the existing shocks. Wondering if a washer or two on each side may be a good idea?
    I also use the 400mm RFY .. no problem without a washer, they do not move left/right .. but they could have a longer "spring travel" .. all together they work OK - still in the softest position, also 2up !!
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Replacement Shocks

I used 5 washers per end and others have used 6. It is all about the thickness of the washers.
    bottom shock spacer.jpg top shock spacer.jpg
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i picked up my goodies from a UPS store in Detroit before crossing the Border into Canada yesterday .... when i got to the house i installed my Madstad Sport 18" dark tint shield. The instructions were suffice and i had watched the Slingmods video before. The actual install was seamless, and i like the style (look) of the design. The nice part and the main reason that i went to this particular shield was the convenience of not having to alter the height nor the angle of the shield to access the trunk. This includes having the shield in the lowest height setting. The range of height adjustment is approx 4" for those who do not want a "spinnaker" sitting on the front of their bike and i run mine at the lowest height. The shield width is sufficient to protect my pedal commander and my phone on my handlebars and i have coverage on both sides to my hand guards. The shield cut out at the bottom is larger than the standard shield to allow for the trunk opening and should provide a little venting for those hot riding days.
    Its a good compromise of "form vs function".

20201007_112951.jpg

20201007_112835.jpg

20201007_112930.jpg

I also received my sequential front fender amber and red turn signal kit ... this install may be delayed till next year ... it is much cooler here now and with the lower temps i want to make sure i have no long term issues with the tape adhering to the fenders, if we get a warm day and I'm home .. well you never know. Now ... if it just stopped raining i could get out and do some riding!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I used 5 washers per end and others have used 6. It is all about the thickness of the washers.
    bottom shock spacer.jpg top shock spacer.jpg
    thanks. I just installed the RFY version as I had to wait for some additional bushings to reduce to a 10mm bolt size. I just got home from a short ride and they feel nice however I notice that the rubber bushings are already squeezing out from the eyelet even more than yours are. i notice in your picture the same thing is happening to yours. I am thinking of returning them while I can as I bought them from amazon. I can't imagine these will hold up very long given then are already squeezing out of the eyelets.

Chris if you read this can you post of picture similar to what Tselpebul did so i can see how much yours have squeezed out.

Tselpebul I suspect that the washers you used would help minimize this. I installed with out any washers but think once i see how Chris's look I will try that as I have till the end of the month to return the shocks.

Spyder Garage

I ride with them now some 1000ends miles - do not see/feel a problem without the spacers - but the rubber looks damaged now, maybe this is normal in that price-class ..
    I sue them in the "softest" adjustment but next time I would buy a version with the same length with more "spring travel" (they have only 2,5 inch).
    It feels a little harder to steer, specially when you ride very slow - but its more stable straight ahead with the shorter shocks !
    I love a "soft" front on the Ryker, we ride sometimes 8 hours a day..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

just to get an Idea where we live and ryde ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZFTlNZPk4

Spyder Garage

Added some Vinyl stickers to the side panels. Came out pretty good and matches up with the rest of the silver trim. Ordered also the OEM Can-Am Radiator Protector 219400999 / OEM Front Grille Trim 219400947. Looking forward to adding all!

Spyder Garage

thanks. I just installed the RFY version as I had to wait for some additional bushings to reduce to a 10mm bolt size. I just got home from a short ride and they feel nice however I notice that the rubber bushings are already squeezing out from the eyelet even more than yours are. i notice in your picture the same thing is happening to yours. I am thinking of returning them while I can as I bought them from amazon. I can't imagine these will hold up very long given then are already squeezing out of the eyelets.

Chris if you read this can you post of picture similar to what Tselpebul did so i can see how much yours have squeezed out.

Tselpebul I suspect that the washers you used would help minimize this. I installed with out any washers but think once i see how Chris's look I will try that as I have till the end of the month to return the shocks.
    The rubber bushings have not bulged; they are exactly as they were when installed. My "guess" is that the extra rubber material outside the shackle is there to prevent the bushing from moving laterally. The washers I used were just to prevent the shackle from sliding back and forth on the bolt.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I put some fuel stabilizer in mine today, rode for around a hour , topped off the tank and put it into the garage. As the weather starts getting to the lower temps i will pick my riding days ... this will happen till it starts snowing or they start to drop salt .... then the season will be done. having said that i have ridden up to Jan 5th in previous years. this year is not looking good.

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-24-2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Fixed multiple/partial display of same attach?!

Spyder Garage

Hope the picture went through, not good at this at all. Made my own floorboards and highway pegs.

Spyder Garage

reached only 16.000 miles (corona) .. did all the roads here in my Area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g242KlR0mDo

Spyder Garage

Default Hey Chris

Watch out for those chickens! Actually I'm wondering if you are still using the original CVT belt? If so, did your transmission warning light ever come on? Not original rear tire I assume.

Spyder Garage

100_0902.jpg100_0904.jpgNorthern NM Fall riding. beautiful country!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    reached only 16.000 miles (corona) .. did all the roads here in my Area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g242KlR0mDo
    Jeez Chris, talk about the Rock Star effect of these machines! There were birds flocking around even when you weren't stopped!!

It looks like you'n the Ryker really enjoy that sort of Ryding, which is a good thing, cos we enjoy the pics & vids too!

Thanks very much for sharing.

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    Watch out for those chickens! Actually I'm wondering if you are still using the original CVT belt? If so, did your transmission warning light ever come on? Not original rear tire I assume.
    I made the service at 12.000 miles - the old belt still looks good, but they changed it - the TOYO tire on the back should work another 3-4.000 miles .. rest is OK !!

Spyder Garage

Default My new Rkyer Rally

20201220_202255.jpg20201220_202437.jpg

Hi all. I spent 12 hours (never done a wrap before) wrapping my Rally plus adding some hand deflector/LED lights to my handle bars. Also upgraded the headlights to full LEDs, added some aftermarket fully adjustable (up/down plus angle) wind shield, front tank bag and rear luggage.20201220_070648.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayzorRyker View Post
    .... Hi all. I spent 12 hours (never done a wrap before) wrapping my Rally......20201220_070648.jpg
    Now THAT's a WRAP! Lookin' GOOD!

And to the Forum, posting, and of course Welcome to the Wonderful World of Spyders/Rykers and the Miles of Smiles they can bring too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Very nice wrap.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just installed a throttle control slip-on device. I bought a 4 pack thru Ebay I think. I originally wanted it for my f3 but when I put it on the Ryker, wow what a difference. An added benefit, it really helps to avoid the clunk on take-off. It makes for really smooth throttle action on both the f3 and the Ryker. 8 bucks for a 4 pack and free delivery.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rydernow View Post
    Just installed a throttle control slip-on device. I bought a 4 pack thru Ebay I think. I originally wanted it for my f3 but when I put it on the Ryker, wow what a difference. An added benefit, it really helps to avoid the clunk on take-off. It makes for really smooth throttle action on both the f3 and the Ryker. 8 bucks for a 4 pack and free delivery.
    Nice, do you have a picture or link"
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition