Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Ordered the Can Am Comfort Seat, I'm not expecting a miracle but hoping for some improvement at least. It doesn't take long for butt burn to set in with that too soft stock seat.

My Ryker seems stable as can be on a smooth road at interstate speeds. With the cruise set at 80 I can turn loose of the bars with no drama other than a slow drift to the right. It's a little different story on our worn and patched rural roads, but I'm hardly noticing now that I've gotten in a few more miles. Taking tight fast curves with bumps and dips in the road can be a little unnerving though, it that where an upgraded sway bar and end links might be a benefit?

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Received the steering damper the other day so going to install that on this week. Also have some stickers to add.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Showchrome full size brake pedal. Love it.

339773677_181196664814721_3542729554273993510_n.jpg

Spyder Garage

Picked it up.

DSC07456c_800x600.jpg
    Last edited by StalkyTracker; 04-28-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

^^Congratulations StalkyTracker!

I ordered the saddlebag bracket from RykerLyft on FB. I've got some SKB cases I'm hoping to use, so we'll see. That plastic spoiler on the maxmount was a bear to remove, it pretty much had me so Doug just started wrestling with it and it finally popped out no worse for wear. Sort of like the nose piece did when I installed my radiator guard, I thought sure I'd break something pulling that thing off. The ins and outs of this plastic bodywork takes some getting used to.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

I got the wife what is referred to as tank trim for her rally with the name of her bike imprinted in it. I had to paint it the color of her accent trim (hot pink). I installed it yesteray. Looks really nice. I'll try and get a pic of it when the rain stops.

Spyder Garage

reached today 30.000 miles ..on roads like this !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-tve0dK8QM
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I installed the BajaRon sway bar and end links kit. Used a Dremel to cut the factory sway bar, worked well and wasn't too scary

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

I installed the BRP Adventure windshield. Easy 20 minute job.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Added a little more color match to the wife's Rally. Added 3D printed covers and some more color match to the top case and saddle bags. Also removed the can-am stickers on the air filter cover and replaced with the name of her bike in color match.

20230513_171935.jpg

20230513_171942.jpg

Spyder Garage

Called up BajaRon and talked to Paige, ordered the K&N air filter for the CVT side. Friendliest service ever, and much better price than the local parts places. It's amazing how much dirt you see on the CVT filter compared to the engine air filter.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Haven't even got it home yet and just bought the Comfort seat, Comfort passenger seat and the folding backrest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Haven't even got it home yet and just bought the Comfort seat, Comfort passenger seat and the folding backrest.
    That's my set up too. I'm trying to find a bag that mounts on the back of the backrest and doubles as a solo rider backrest when folded down. Found a few but I'm not sure they would work.

Spyder Garage

I double checked the torque on the Rally wheels today. I had rotated the front wheels about three rides ago, and I changed the rear drive oil one ride ago of 70 miles. I put a scissor jack up level with the 8" extension resting on it while torquing the rear. That helps a lot. Then went for a 55 mile ride through three different County parks.

Spyder Garage

SKB cases on the RykerLyft bracket:

IMG_0898.jpg Ryker SKB.jpg

Bolted an aluminum plate on the back of the case, then bolted the case to the bracket. The rack behind the seat is one we happened to have on the shelf. Three bolts go through the rack, maxmount, and RykerLyft bracket.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Put on carbon fiber upper and lower panels.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Spyder Garage

Installed M2 Shocks, yesterday

Have a plain old 2019 900 Ace, and upgraded the shocks to M2s from RPS. Took the dive and ordered a full set of shocks. Did the install on the fronts and took it for a spin... Wow, it's light years better than it was. Installed the rear a few hours later, but it jarred pretty bad over bumps. Marcus had reached out to me asking how the install went, so I answered. He immediately told me what adjustments to make to the rear shock and was spot on. Now the ride and handling are spectacular. I couldn't be any happier with both the product and the customer service.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-09-2023 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Had a local hole-in-the-wall tire shop mount up a Hankook Ventus V2 on the rear rim. He charged $15, I gave him $20.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Changed the oil and filter. Big, big thanks to Pantera for the toilet paper roll tip, worked perfectly.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Brought it home on Tuesday.
    After waiting over three months for road construction to get done I finally was able to pick up the Ryker.
    A friend drove me down to get it.
    Took some back paved roads with low traffic just to get used to three wheels.
    Only went for a front brake a few times, had to laugh when I went to put a foot down at a stop.
    Had to go back to the dealer on Wednesday, one key wasn't working, and the bars were off to the left. (Nice morning for a ride tho)
    They (Lockhart's in Courtland Ontario) took it right in and had me out in twenty minutes.
    They have been super to deal with.
    Went and put close to a 100 miles on it on some main and back roads.
    Got a big headlight flash and waves from a couple an a Spyder going the other way. (my first)
    After not riding for almost two years, I feel a little beat up, in a good way.
    Loving it, But the wife says I have to stop doing my Aerosmith impression.
    "BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN"
    Now if it will stop raining, I can go out some more.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Bruce
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2023 at 01:45 AM. Reason: 100s mile...

Spyder Garage

Hi Bruce

I've also been off a bike for a couple of years. Picked up my new Rally a couple of weeks ago and was grinning like a loon under my helmet riding it home.

To keep on topic: I just got a Cardo Spirit HD comms for riding on the Rally, I'll be able to hear my GPS now, so no excuses for getting lost... again
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2023 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Caps; ' 's; & ridding... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I didn't actually do it today but over the last few weeks and finally got a couple of pics:

Installed the Can-Am glove box organizer; helps a little, really like the piece that attaches to the glove box lid.

Installed the Hopnel tank bra.

Installed the Show Chrome handlebar end weights. I had some minor vibrations on the grips and these have eliminated it.

Installed the Providence Spyder Accessories water bottle holder. Works as advertised and comes with an adjustable bottle holder for my coffee thermos.

Installed the Can-Am knee pads.

Installed the Can-Am tank bag. It's small and not a lot of room for storing items but functions as advertised and doesn't interfere with gassing up.

DSC08986sc.jpg

Installed an Ultimate seat with backrest. Not completely broken in yet but way more comfortable than the Rally Comfort seat that came with the bike.

DSC08980sc.jpg
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    ...Taking tight fast curves with bumps and dips in the road can be a little unnerving though, it that where an upgraded sway bar and end links might be a benefit?

Sarah
    Have you already upgraded to 400 mm shocks? Sorry if you already posted, but I now only lurk occasionally.

Not only longer, with increased ground clearance, but the full length springs are so much better.

https://www.amazon.com/GZYF-Motorcyc...00XVH4NVG?th=1

For my 2020, 400 mm was the max travel of the front suspension.

See post 13

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...00#post1545853
    Last edited by SportsterDoc; 07-23-2023 at 08:55 PM.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Put the Can-Am Sport windshield on the other day.
    WOW what a difference. On the Ryker I felt like I was going faster than I was, not now.
    First ride I noticed a lot less wind buffeting, Looked down and found I was 30kph over the speed limit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Have you already upgraded to 400 mm shocks? Sorry if you already posted, but I now only lurk occasionally.

Not only longer, with increased ground clearance, but the full length springs are so much better.

https://www.amazon.com/GZYF-Motorcyc...00XVH4NVG?th=1

For my 2020, 400 mm was the max travel of the front suspension.

See post 13

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...00#post1545853
    Sorry I missed this SportsterDoc. Yes, I went with the 400 mm shocks first thing. Thanks again for posting the details, ordering was a piece of cake. We just returned from a 10,000 mile trip up through the Yukon and I am pleased as can be with the Ryker. And thanks again for the advice and suggestions early on.

Sarah

Sarah
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-03-2023 at 06:13 AM. Reason: forst
    2022 Ryker Sport