Spyder Garage

Default F3s mirror shake

So I've read about the fixes for the f3t, but since the f3s has different style mirrors, is there a fix for them rattling around so much? One car looks like two cars in the mirror.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, that's quite odd. Mine are rock solid and always have been... I can't even recall anyone with an S complaining about them being loose. Have you checked the mounting bolts? Is it the actual mirror portion that is loose in the housing or the entire unit?

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage has a great kit to move your mirrors up to the handlebars where you can actually see with them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Joe Meyer from squared away has a Wedgie mirror fix. It tightens up the whole mirror housing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    Joe Meyer from squared away has a Wedgie mirror fix. It tightens up the whole mirror housing.
    Yeah, but they are only for the F3-T or F3-L, Papa. The OP is asking about the F3s which has different mirrors

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have an F3-S and have no mirror shake. I would check the bolts in the mirror arms to be sure they are tight against the body. Also check any screws in the mirrors themselves to be sure they are tight.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

How do I check the screws in the mirror itself? The bolts against the body are all tight, good there. I took one screw off behind the mirror, but I can't figure out how to get that part off. The end piece is a little loose. That may be what's causing it but it looks like I can't get to it without taking that one piece off.

I'm at work so I don't have the manual with me. Should've brought it, there's nothing to do at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not sure about how to help, but I did notice from the picture that you have a 2019 (no turn signal on the mirror). That might give others a heads up as to what needs to be done to tighten the mirror. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Try this -
    Down where the two screws that attach the mirror to the body there is an 8mm bolt above them. Try tightening them. They control the swing in of the mirrors.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Swing arm of the mirror is fine. Nice and tight. It's the mirror housing itself that's a little loose. The part that's in the picture I posted, that's what's a little wacky. The piece that holds the mirror in place. If I could open that up, I think that will give me what I seek.

If nothing else, I'm taking it in for its first service soon so I'll have the dealership look at it.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Millermatic252 View Post
    I took one screw off behind the mirror, but I can't figure out how to get that part off.
    Once the screw is out, you will need to "help" it let go of its seal against the mirror housing by prying it a bit AND DO IT FROM THE END THAT THE SCREW IS AT.... The other end "hooks in" for lack of a better term. It can be in there really tight so you may have to get a bit physical with it. I've had the best luck with going at it from the bottom edge right across from the screw hole...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I think your owners manual shows you how to get the turn signal lens off. Once off, check for anything loose in there.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Millermatic252 View Post
    Swing arm of the mirror is fine. Nice and tight. It's the mirror housing itself that's a little loose. The part that's in the picture I posted, that's what's a little wacky. The piece that holds the mirror in place. If I could open that up, I think that will give me what I seek.

If nothing else, I'm taking it in for its first service soon so I'll have the dealership look at it.
    Like you I also have mirror vibration. Seeing your thread I went out to my hibernating for the winter F3s and removed the screw to the lens cover, and attempted to remove it. As you found out it don't want to come off. I did tap the back of the lens and noticed that the whole mirror vibrated. I than tightened the 8mm nut a little more (it was tight) and tapped the lens again. This time the mirror assembly did not vibrate. I do not know if this fixes the issue since I am unable to ride to verify, but looks promising.
    This is why I suggested trying it on yours to see if it helps.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

So I think I've fixed it. I got the back plate off, and then there were three bolts to tighten. Tightened them because they were a little loose. Now the mirror is solid. It doesn't do anything to the mirror itself, but the housing part was loose. Now it's not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3s , Titanium