SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What will you have for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Thought I would give everyone a chance to tell their story about, Thanksgiving Dinner Menus. We will have a Turkey and all the trimmings, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, salad and of course Pumpkin pie with whip cream....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For the past 25 years (every since I been married), we have been having Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws. We rotate it from each others house every year. In total, we will have between 35 & 75 people. Our menu consist of everything from Turkey (baked and smoked) chicken (fried and baked), at least 2 hams, chicken casserole (I make that in case I can not stomach the in-laws cooking), corn, rice, dressing potato salad, maccaroni and cheese, turnip greens, collards, green beans, corn bread, rolls, sweet potato pie, oreo pie, cocunut pie, 2-3 cakes, tea, soda, and water.
    But, before I go to this meal, I normally voluteer with our church. We set up at the senior center in our little town and do Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless, seniors, and less fortunate. Normally we serve anywhere from 350-600 people. We also deliver plates to about 75-100 people. So, yes, Thanksgiving is a very busy day for me. But there is no better way to show that you are greatful. We do the meals on wheels twice a month also.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

home made pizza.... i HATE HATE HATE turkey, cranberry sauce, casseroles of any kind.
    2015 rs

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Thought I would give everyone a chance to tell their story about, Thanksgiving Dinner Menus. We will have a Turkey and all the trimmings, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, salad and of course Pumpkin pie with whip cream....
    ..except : no rolls or salad ….. I'm a bit lazy ( because I'm doing all the cooking ) so I buy canned Yams , drain out all the liquid, leave them un-covered in the fridge for four days ( so they dry out sorta ) then boil the liquid down adding Dk. bro sugar and a touch of maple syrup ( in Vt. you get the Real kind ) and pour that sauce over heated Yams at the table... plus we add an Apple pie to the Pumpkin …. I actually did a pre, pre Thanksgiving two weeks ago …. I bought a 4lb. Turkey breast, did the Brine thing ... it was delicious, I didn't even miss the dark meat, because I loooooooooove turkey gravy ( the home made kind ) ….. Happy T day to all …… Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have done the smoked, deep fried, and grilled turkeys, so I am trying something different this year. I am grilling a turducken stuffed with boudin sausage and some dirty rice stuffed alligator tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Also making some smoked mac and cheese and maybe spicy green beans.
    All done on my Grilla Silverback Alpha pellet grill.
    I love that grill!!
    Then of course, my sister makes lots of rolls, pies, and other backed goods. My favorite is raisin pie.
    Although we are all getting older, all six of us kids are still alive and well. God is good and we have a lot to be thankful for!!!!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Chicken and sausage gumbo, smoked Boston Butt (pulled pork), rice dressing, peas, potato casserole, fresh bread, mac and cheese. And, lets not forget the pecan pie. Oh, yeah, probably some other stuff too.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Gonna have a little turkey with my cranberry sauce.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Have done the smoked, deep fried, and grilled turkeys, so I am trying something different this year. I am grilling a turducken stuffed with boudin sausage and some dirty rice stuffed alligator tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Also making some smoked mac and cheese and maybe spicy green beans.
    All done on my Grilla Silverback Alpha pellet grill.
    I love that grill!!
    Then of course, my sister makes lots of rolls, pies, and other backed goods. My favorite is raisin pie.
    Although we are all getting older, all six of us kids are still alive and well. God is good and we have a lot to be thankful for!!!!
    you sure you're not in louisiana?
    2015 rs

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wish I was.....best food i have ever tasted is good old Cajun food!
    I have never tried the Turducken or cooked the alligator before, eaten it, but not cooked it. I have purchased a lot of things from Cajun Grocer and they sent me an advertisement for turducken that looked too good. Then I noticed the alligator tenderloin, so now we will see how it goes.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Wish I was.....best food i have ever tasted is good old Cajun food!
    I have never tried the Turducken or cooked the alligator before, eaten it, but not cooked it. I have purchased a lot of things from Cajun Grocer and they sent me an advertisement for turducken that looked too good. Then I noticed the alligator tenderloin, so now we will see how it goes.
    Can't go wrong with turducken. Stuffed boneless chicken is awesome too.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Not wanting to disparage your Thanksgiving Celebrations in any way (I've shared in more than one great ThanksGiving celebration over the years & have a LOT to be Thankful about! ) but in the interests of sharing, we don't do 'Thanksgiving' as a special event here in Australia

I guess that might be because for some of our early 'settlers' - more often called 'convicts' (altho not here in South Aus, where I come from - some of my lot were here already, the rest came as sea-farers & free settlers about the same time as the First Fleet hit the Eastern Shores) The convicts probably didn't have too much to Give Thanks for, except maybe for still being alive rather than rotting in an (equally rotten) prison hulk in the Thames.... And these days, pretty much every day you get up & don't expire in the heat; hafta go fight a fire; rescue someone who drove their car into a flooded river; or try to stop someone from bleeding out in the surf cos a shark took their foot off is already a GREAT DAY & well worth Giving Thanks for - so we do, often, and usually as a part of everyday life! It's sometimes tough living in this Great Land Down Under, (where Women glow & Men chunder... apologies to Midnight Oil. ) but seriously, someone's gotta do it!

Still, amongst other 'Celebration Days', some of us do celebrate 'Harvest Festivals' in our Autumn (March - May), with similar gatherings & extravagant meals; OctoberFest (in October ) with lotsa beer, sausage, shooting, & sauerkraut; or just have a TGIF (or Saturday, Sunday, or pretty much any other day too) celebration down the Pub on Friday Arvo, with more beer, a meat tray or chook raffle to raise funds for the Flying Doctor etc; and we'll maybe even have a game of darts or snooker; then a Mixed Grill or a Parma, a Schnittie, or a humble (but delicious) Plate of Chips & sauce...

And those of us in the know get our Knees in the Breeze at every opportunity & just Give Thanks that we are still Ryding!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

We are going to have the "usual." Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pie for desert (flavor to be determined).

This will be our first thanksgiving in our new home. Brother & spouse will participate, but all the others are in Alaska this year.

We are thankful though. We are liking everything about Arkansas.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    We are going to have the "usual." Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pie for desert (flavor to be determined).

This will be our first thanksgiving in our new home. Brother & spouse will participate, but all the others are in Alaska this year.

We are thankful though. We are liking everything about Arkansas.
    Must be warmer winters in AR compared to Alaska? Enjoy!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Must be warmer winters in AR compared to Alaska? Enjoy!
    65 and partly cloudy today. No snow. We are riding the bikes most days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanks for all who have joined.
    Please let us know what you are going to enjoy....

Spyder Garage

Default Meal

Tomorrow (11/28/19) is Thanksgiving day in the USA.
    Just wanted everyone to enjoy your time together with friends and family.
    Hope that you can remember to be thankful for what you need.
    Please enjoy your time.....

Spyder Garage

Most likely we will have chicken nuggets and tater tots + what ever left overs are left as we clear out the fridge before we leave Friday for 4 months of Arizona living.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default USA Thanksgiving Day

Just wanted everyone to enjoy your time together with friends and family.....

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Heading out to Cracker Barrel later today for some Turkey & Ham with all the fixings, and a little pie for desert.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Default Probably the BEST MEAL EVER!

I love Thanksgiving!

Great meal today. The wife and I just love cooking this feast!

Regards,
    Joe T.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joe t. View Post
    i love thanksgiving!

Great meal today. The wife and i just love cooking this feast!

Regards,
    joe t.

lol!!!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I can tell you what I’m having AFTER Thanksgiving dinner, INDIGESTION! I did well moderating the main course intake but totally blew it on desert. I didn’t want to offend anyone who made the pumpkin cheesecake pie, the razzleberry pie, the mint chocolate chip on Oreo crust pie, and the plain old pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I took one for the team and am paying the price but boy was it all good!
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Most likely we will have chicken nuggets and tater tots + what ever left overs are left as we clear out the fridge before we leave Friday for 4 months of Arizona living.
    Stop in on the way! We have a guest room with your name on it!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Dinner and Dessert

Way to much food.

The Desserts are always, 'the real problem'.
    I enjoyed my family time and a piece of the Pumpkin dessert. ... ...... ...