Thread: Imotorsports

Spyder Garage

Default Imotorsports

Alright,
    After 8 months at looking at spyders i made the decision to go with Imotorsports. Through their reputation here.

So i bought a new 2018 F3 Limited. Got the spyder Saturday late evening. Was covered with dust , sticker glue on windshield and dash. Can't get it off the dash.

Paid $647.00 and change foe accessories . Which was suppose to be for drivers backrest and pegs in #5 position.

No backrest and foot boards in # 3 position.

Making my out of state buying experience terrible. They were closed today but will get an earful tomorrow.

Wish i knew their biggest head honcho. Better have answer or the attorney general will be involved.

It's BS but thanks for listening to my rant!! Needless to say i'm a little pissed

Spyder Garage

So far, your posted experience is on the rare side. Most have other things to say and favorable to imoto.

Let us know what they say once you talk with them.

I have no ax to grind either way...so will be back to follow what happens.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-18-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have all your concerns written down with dates and times. That way, you can fax / email your beefs to them. That goes a lot farther than verbal complaining. Always deal with whoever sits at the biggest desk - never try to deal with clerks. Be polite but assertive. Good luck - I'd be pissed too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear, good luck.

Spyder Garage

A friend of mine bought his F3-T there and he had exactly the same issues as you - dirty, adhesive residue, pegs in the wrong position, and no backrest. Also, no owners manual and it took almost month of calls to get it resolved! I won't buy from them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up . Piece of mind tomorrow . Or Attorney general will be involved

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I won’t “go off” again about my experience with iMotorsports. I’ll just say my encounters with their business practices got them eliminated from consideration long before the purchase.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hope they take care of you. My experience was great. They delivered my spyder, and picked up the trade in while I was on vacation in Gatlinburg, Tn. (they met me on vacation with the new bike). They did forget to change out the foot pegs, as I had asked for position 5, and they were in the stock position 3. They appoligized and sent them to my home address. They were there when I got home. They also forgot the 60 day temp tag. But they emailed me the tag, and I was able to print it out at the cabin that we were staying. They will be my first consideration when I buy my next spyder. Hopefully it will be a 2021 or 2022 with the 165 hp engine. Lol!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I Motorsports is 50 miles from my house. I made a phone call to purchase a motorcycle they had in stock. The person I spoke with was enough to keep me from ever doing business with them.

Spyder Garage

UPDATE!!
    So i talked with Jason today sales manager. Apologized and sending me 250.00 check to get spyder detailed . To get glue residue off.
    Are sending me backrest ans 4&5 rods to extend my foot boards. Got a hold of local dealer to install. ( Will install myself). For the handle bars told him i do like stock that are on there. I told him wasn't crazy with the windshield. So the do business with Lamont. If i purchase a Lamont windshield through them they get a discount off price but will apply handlebar money toward it. So my experience was good. Now the question we'll see if it happens.
    Last edited by LeftCoast; 11-19-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

There is an old Russian saying that Ronnie Reagan liked to use and it seems appropriate - TRUST, BUT VERIFY.
    Good luck and I hope they do follow through for you. After all, it's the right thing to do.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    UPDATE!!
    So i talked with Jason today sales manager. Apologized and sending me 250.00 check to get spyder detailed . To get glue residue off.
    Are sending me backrest ans 4&5 rods to extend my foot boards. Got a hold of local dealer to install. ( Will install myself). For the handle bars told him i do like stock that are on there. I told him wasn't crazy with the windshield. So the do business with Lamont. If i purchase a Lamont windshield through them they get a discount off price but will apply handlebar money toward it. So my experience was good. Now the question we'll see if it happens.
    I’m glad you gave them a chance to “make good” and it sounds like it continues in the right direction
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I tried twice to buy a bike from them , the second time, I told them what killed the deal and was told they will do better. Well both deals were a disaster. I wound up buying the bike I wanted for $1000 cheaper and a point lower on the loan interest rate . I myself would never give them another chance. But that is just the way I do things. Glad to hear things worked out for you?