Spyder Garage

Post Baja Ron Sway Bar

Quick question. I was so pleased to have managed to install my new Baja Ron sway bar today, but now am worried that I might have to go back and change the orientation of the heim link bolts. After reviewing a couple of videos and the instructions again, I realized that I put the bolts in backwards, which results in the nut being on the inside, rather than the outside. The attached pic is the correct way, my bolts are installed opposite.

Can anyone tell me the reason this is so important, and if I am fretting needlessly, or should go back and rectify the problem. I don't need a mechanical failure when riding. I am so mad at myself for not paying more attention.

Thanks guys and gals. I am really trying to learn to do as much as I can by myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 RT , Aluminum Spyder Brake Pedal Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Spyderman41333, if the bolt &/or nut on your sway bar link is done up correctly and isn't gonna hit anything as the bar moves up & down with the suspension as it articulates, then really, it simply duzz'n matta which way you've put that bolt in!!

I've checked my RT, & I can't see anything that it's likely to hit, altho there's a slight chance that it might get a little close to one of the placcy under-trays.... But it's definitely not close enough to actually touch on my RT, at least not unless the frame is somewhat bent outta shape What's it look like on your Spyder??

Sooo, I reckon you are most likely pretty good to just get out there & Ride More & Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The Heim Joint Link Bolts can go either way without issue. In my instructions I recommend putting the threads/nuts to the inside (as you have done) because I think it makes a cleaner looking install. Especially on models like the F3 where you can see the links. I think it just looks tacky to have the threads and nuts protruding to the outside where you can see them.

BRP puts them in the other way which, I suspect, is quicker and easier on the assembly line.

You have nothing to worry about. Ride and enjoy!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thank you so very much for answering so quickly. I barely slept last night, concerned about my mistake. Sometimes my OCD gets in the way of my attempts to do things, and I often worry needlessly. Again, than you to everyone, this Forum is a fantastic community for Spyder owners.
    Regards
    Ray
    2013 RT , Aluminum Spyder Brake Pedal Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman41333 View Post
    Thank you so very much for answering so quickly. I barely slept last night, concerned about my mistake. Sometimes my OCD gets in the way of my attempts to do things, and I often worry needlessly. Again, than you to everyone, this Forum is a fantastic community for Spyder owners.
    Regards
    Ray
    There is nothing necessarily wrong with being OCD. You just need to apply it sparingly. And to the right places.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Ya just gotta learn not to sweat the little stuff and learn to trust the machine. It's really quite well engineered with a very few exceptions. Welcome to SpyderLovers, and you'll very likely get a permanent GRIN doin' those miles of smiles.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

An aircraft guy once told me that bolts point In, Back or Down.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.