Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Even Bill Gates had a Chopper

Gates.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's as close to riding our snowmobiles (in non winter weather) as we've been able to get.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    ... enough of the polite, thoughtful answers...

at my advanced age, I'll just say that riding my Spyder is the best (maybe the only) available alternative orgasmic experience to sex ... and often better!!!
    Interesting answer, FWIW, The Villages may be a nearby adventure if needed...

Spyder Garage

I was a passenger on the 2 wheeled motorcycles for 16 years.

In 2012 I bought my first spyder, and never looked back. It is wind therapy for me. I like being in the spyder crowds, and gatherings( events).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    ... enough of the polite, thoughtful answers...

at my advanced age, I'll just say that riding my Spyder is the best (maybe the only) available alternative orgasmic experience to sex ... and often better!!!
    Hmmmm... well, I dunno... neighbor of mine back in MO was into aviation and had a T-shirt that said, "FLYING - The Second-Greatest Thrill Known To Man"

Oh Well... Never Mind... Carry On...
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

When I was a young kid (Maybe 7 or 8) My uncle had an Indian with the shifter on the tank. He took me for a ride, and I was so scared, I decided right then and there I would get a bike as soon as I could. When I turned 16 I got a 305 Yamaha, and never looked back after that. Love bikes.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Why's

For me it was being able to tour country roads and enjoy the open space.
    Wind therapy is a wonderful thing.
    Ryde safe and enjoy your Spyder Ryde Times....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    For me it was being able to tour country roads and enjoy the open space.
    Wind therapy is a wonderful thing.
    Ryde safe and enjoy your Spyder Ryde Times....
    Right on! My wife understands none of this. It seems few do.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    When I was a young kid (Maybe 7 or 8) My uncle had an Indian with the shifter on the tank...
    I drove one of those! In the 50s. Indian 74 (equivalent of the Harley 74). It had a rocking-type foot clutch on the left, and 3-speed shifter on the right; First, Neutral, Second, Third, in a straight line, and you had to "find" Neutral to use the kick-starter. Friend o' mine had it while I had my little 5hp Famous James. Mine wouldn't do even 45, so the only way I knew to drive was wide open throttle. When Alan let me drive his, he had to yell, "Slow Down! You're doin' 80." And we didn't know what a windshield was...

FUN!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

This is one of the best threads ever; love seeing everyone remanence.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Why a motorcycle.....? Because my mom wouldn't let me have one "as long as I lived in her house". I still remember her exact words when I showed up with a shiny new Goldwing in the mid-80s. Just 3 words....... "Oh good lord". That rings in my brain as if it was said just yesterday. When I think about my late mom and remember her reaction, I can't help but smile..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

ACCELERATION, Can you say a modded ZX-11 and Modded V-Max . Still have the Max--- It's a joy when the V-boost open up. Just be pointed in the right direction.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The only times that my mind is clear is when I'm riding. Making love only last so long. A ride can last minutes, hours and days.........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    The best reason for getting a bike that I've ever heard goes like this:

- Have you ever seen a motorcycle parked by the shrink's office?

...and that pretty much summarizes it for me.

What was your reason?
    funny! I'm a therapist considering buying my first motorcycle. So, you WOULD see a spyder parked outside my therapy office. =)

Spyder Garage

I have had motorcycles since 1952. Why? Because it's passion. Everyone should have at least one passion.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just like riding. Don't know why. I just do.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

What a great thread.
    My eldest brother had a Japanese bike (a Kawasaki 250 I think), then when I was about 13 another brother bought an old Enfield. Chassis flexed like there was no tomorrow but it was fun to be on in the paddocks. He followed this up with a Harley mini bike.
    My first bike wasn't until I had my motorcycle licence so about 18. A Benelli 125 Trail, a bike you could putter around on or ride full stick all day without complaint. Then came the Tornado 650S. Rode it home and parked it in the garage as it scared the life out of me. Couple of weeks later decided I was going to master this beast so started going up and down the mountains getting a good feel for how it behaved. What a magic bike, italian handling and all the mid range performance I could want. Went to many events and travelled some long distances with the Pressley panniers and top box fully loaded. The Benellis were my only mode of transport for years. Riding always cleared my head and settled my mood and I loved the forced air induction. All I had to do on the Tornado was twist the throttle slightly and the adrenaline would start pumping, then it was game on.
    Had a Montesa Cota 123 that I rode comp trials (not very well) on (I was much lighter then), was swinger riding comp sidecar trials on a Yamaha TY250 for a few years and we did quite well, then marriage and the kids started arriving so substantial gaps not riding anything. Suzuki TS185 a Sachs Mad Ass and couple of quads so haven't had many bikes. Still plan to restore the Tornado.
    Don't have the blind confidence I did in the early days and trucks and buses spilling diesel around our way got me looking at 3 wheels.
    Could not see myself liking traditional trikes so Spyder/Ryker were the way to go and I loved the looks.
    Now have the 2014 ST-S and it is magic. I still have a lot to learn but these really are a delight to ride. The sound it makes is wonderful and man does it get up and boogie when you want it to.
    The ST is a commuter bike mostly at the moment running from home to the station (20 miles) and back however I am looking forward to retirement or at least semi retirement where I can simply get up in the morning and say "I think I will go for a ride" and it not be to work!
    Apologies for the rambling...........
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have always loved bikes, but either my parents said no as a teenager, or after I got married, my wife would say no. I fought with my wife for 25 years over a bike. I never got one. I am now 47, got divorced 2 years ago, currently engaged to an awesome woman, and I have my first bike. My 2016 F3-T. And she loves it too. So I guess what that means is I got divorced so I could finally have my bike.
    And I ride that thing as much as I can. Winter be damned. :-)

Spyder Garage

I am with bushrat. When I had my widow maker, I lost my sense of purpose. Even though I still had bikes in the shed, I could not ride them. I had my heart attack on two wheels, and it really ****ed me up. I started to ride again last year, but I could never trust myself enough to go anywhere alone. My wife and I have worked that out now where she follows in the pickup, and I get my freedom, this way if it gets too rainy or weird at, I have the trailer for shelter and for the trike. We are buying a toy hauler RV for it.

Anyway, the Can Am gave me a new mechanical system to learn ( I service everything I own), and it gave me belief in myself, and my abilities again. The Can Am is a Huge part of ending the "walking around expecting to die at any moment" feeling I used to have. I am way more active, and my heart doc is happier than a pig in **** that I am out doing things. He told me point blank, you wanna live, GET UP!!! The Can Am gives me purpose again, and its awesome. It may be ugly, it may not be the newest, but its paid for and its mine. Yes its fast, and no you can't ride it.....lol

I have owned over 220 bikes lifetime. I used to own a service and sales shop. I rebuilt and restored barn finds and sold them at affordable prices so people could affordably enjoy the sport. Many of those 220 were stripped and sold on eBay, but I did technically own them. I still own two 2-wheelers, but I have them up for sale. I also ride a 2013 Triumph Thruxton LE, and the 1997 BMW F650 Funduro for my Mountain trail exploring. I want a Ryker Rally to replace that.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

I just turned 78, and still ride my Harley Heritage Classic. I also ride my 2016 Spyder RT. Of course, I am much less tired after a hundred mile cruise on the Spyder than on the Harley, but the Harley brings a bigger adrenaline rush. But what’s strange is,......I have an extreme Vertigo balance problem,.....walking. I am sitting in my recliner dozing off after lunch, when I start having visions of the open road, and hearing the thumping of my Harley pipes. So, I stagger out of the apartment, suit and helmet up, fire up the 1600CC V-Twin Beast,.....after I struggle getting it off the side stand, then back it out of the garage, drop it in 1st,.....with a loud CLUNK,.......and before I shift it in to 2nd, my Vertigo is completely gone, and I revert back to being a Teen Aged Bad To The Bone Biker Dude. My Spyder does not expose those old Primal memories. But the Spyder still beats riding a Motorized Wheel Chair! I am hoping to be able to keep riding the Harley at 80, but plan to keep riding my Spyder until as long as I am still able to mount it, and still have my Driver’s License. My 1st Bike was a 72 BSA 650,....followed by a 73 Harley Sportster XLCH 1000, . That beast would shake the fillings out of my teeth, and Vibrated so bad, that parts would fall off it on the highway! Then, I had a 76, KAWASAKI 500 Triple 2 Stroke, a 50 CC Honda, a new 78 Yamaha XS1100,....a Honda 550,...another 82 Yamaha XS1100, an 88 Kawi 1500 Classic, a new 2002 Kawi 1500 Classic, and my last and present 2009 Harley Heritage Classic. I had a new 2012 Spyder RT, and my present 2016 Spyder RT that I have ridden 44,500 miles so far. I also bought a 2017 Chev. CAMARO 2SS last Summer , so it still gives me great pleasure, and motivates me to get my butt off the recliner, and go out and take a cruise on one of my Toys every day that it isn’t snowing, raining, or the Temp is above 40 Degrees F. Speaking of my Spyder,....my Magic Mirror Magnet Set was just delivered by FEDX from Lamonster’s Garage! Looks like I have a little project ahead of me.
    Last edited by 007james; 02-20-2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Nice to see the revival of this great thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My first taste of freedom came atop a 3hp Briggs & Stratton with two 8" wheels, handlebars and a seat attached to it. I cruised the trails dirt roads and ally ways as far and wide as it had fuel to carry me. I must have been 10 or 12 at the time and when i hit high school i latched onto a Honda 50. It's the sense and feeling of freedom i guess and i can't give it up. The cops nor the taxman can ever catch me while i'm ride'n. All too often though i have to come back to reality as life today requires it, but i still ride for the peace of mind and feeling of freedom it gives me.

Spyder Garage

After riding a Spyder, driving a car is not exciting at all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    The best reason for getting a bike that I've ever heard goes like this:

- Have you ever seen a motorcycle parked by the shrink's office?

...and that pretty much summarizes it for me.

What was your reason?
    with that thought 5E10701E-4945-4A52-969A-A717B315720D.jpeg favorite patch & shirt found on trip to southern most point in key west (along with the assortment of things collected on the trip)IMG_2140.jpg Appropriate Memes
    98B1F87A-9D6E-4D5A-9956-671AF8DDE6D6.jpeg DAF11D48-158F-4413-A808-934D4F741245.jpeg
    Last edited by Bfromla; 02-20-2020 at 10:51 PM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Great comments, all good reasons to ride. I have been riding on and off since 1969 and my new 2020 Spyder RTL is great. I took it out today at 33 degrees with some of the new battery heated clothing and it was a blast.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic