Thread: audio system

Spyder Garage

Default audio system

Hola. I have a new F3 limited. Has anyone ever upgraded their stereo system or upgraded their speakers?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-15-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Following

Spyder Garage

Many members are unhappy with the OEM set up on the radio and speakers.

There have been a few that have "upgraded" their systems. Hopefully they will chime in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

ok thank you what about adding an exhaust you know anyone that did that thank in advance

Spyder Garage

RT Folks have been upgrading their speakers, I used powersports grade speakers from Crutchfield. They sound great. They were what I found after searching for the ones BlueKnight911 Mike recommended were not to be found. Mike and others have quite a bit of posts about the speaker upgrades.
    And over in a thread "What did you do to your Spyder today" JusCuz(?) posted "just received my SSV 2K (Kicker upgrade speakers) stereo system so I'll install this bad boy today on my F3s."
    Last edited by DGoebel; 11-17-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added SSV 2k note
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Search my profile and my earliest posts.
    I have been running a JBL 400w amplifier in the rear trunk, plus HERTZ brand (POLK previous to those) as replacement speakers for the past 10 years. I forced fit 6.25" speakers in front and 5" in the back.
    I also installed my own XM radio ONYX.
    My speakers are so loud i'm heard from a distance. I prefer that i'm heard before seen. I also don't like loud mufflers.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Sopher:

Got any pictures of your installation and how you tied the Amp into the factory system?
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    Search my profile and my earliest posts.
    I have been running a JBL 400w amplifier in the rear trunk, plus HERTZ brand (POLK previous to those) as replacement speakers for the past 10 years. I forced fit 6.25" speakers in front and 5" in the back.
    I also installed my own XM radio ONYX.
    My speakers are so loud i'm heard from a distance. I prefer that i'm heard before seen. I also don't like loud mufflers.
    …. That sounds like a nice fix for the stereo issue ….. I did similar using only the JBL 2 Ohm speakers and I don't use full volume either …. not having the added Amp saved quite a bit of $$$ …… I put 5.25 in the rear, left the front at 5.25 ….. you have a 2010 and mine is a 2014, those systems were able to be fixed with what we did ( & 15-16 & 17 models )…. anything after 2017 models seem to have issues that aren't able to use what we did …. I might buy a used 2017 RT but nothing after that year …….If you ever get up my way ( Vt. 05660 ) I'd love to hear your system..... You are welcome for a weekend - feed and sleep ….. Mike,

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

rls exhaust

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loco504 View Post
    ok thank you what about adding an exhaust you know anyone that did that thank in advance
    rlsexhaust.com

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Blueknight - What were the JBL speaker model numbers you used?

Spyder Garage

I would like to know more about this also, my 2014 RT-S sounds like I’m getting interference on the radio, could be where I live, but then again it could be something else. I have an older ONYX radio to install in the trunk for Sirius XM, but it would be nice to get some good FM too.
    2014 RT-S , Pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drkasnite View Post
    Blueknight - What were the JBL speaker model numbers you used?
    The ones I used JBL - GTO series 528 & 508c are no longer marketed …. I found mine on E-bay and I see " new in box " that are leftovers still occasionally available...… good luck ….. PM sent …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1 View Post
    I would like to know more about this also, my 2014 RT-S sounds like I’m getting interference on the radio, could be where I live, but then again it could be something else. I have an older ONYX radio to install in the trunk for Sirius XM, but it would be nice to get some good FM too.
    If you are asking about the speakers I used see post # 13 ….. I cured the poor reception problem by switching to a Bosche retractible AUTO antennae I bought on e-bay for $12.00. I live in mountainous Vermont were reception is poor even in my car ….. and I now get really good reception, about 20 stations ….. Mike …. PS I have also added an ONYX receiver ( ie. Sirius XM ) I put mine in the glove box ( RT ) I have pics in my Albums
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-18-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

https://mbquart.com/np1-116/ these are on my spyder f3 installed in custom enclosures Amp is in Frunk great sound!