Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Advice needed on F3T Electrics

I have purchased a Dummy (Fake Alarm Flashing LED)

It’s designed so that when the Spyder is running the Fake alarm LED is off and with the ignition off the Fake alarm flashes

The Alarm has 2 wires Red & Black
    The instructions state Connect Red wire to a permanent Live feed
    Connect the Black Wire to only get 12v when the engine is running
    On my 2018 F3T SE6 I have 3 accessory feeds which are only live when the engine is running
    I connected my GPS to one
    I connected a Power socket to the 2nd one
    And connected Lamonster’s Bright Light for under the front trunk lid to the 3rd one
    I connected the Fake alarm LED Red to a permanent Live from the Battery and the Black to a live o the accessory feed from my GPS
    I notice Lamonster’s Bright Light is lit although not on full light
    I then tried the Black wire to the Power socket Live feed again with the same problem with Lamonster’s Bright Light
    The accessory feeds were not being powered as the engine was off

What is causing Lamonster’s Bright Light to receive some power

Any suggestion as to where I should connect The Black wire from the Fake alarm LED to allow it to function as designed to only receive power when the engine is running but not pass power to Lamonster’s Bright Light

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-14-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Title - Electricts
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

After reading here how fussy the electronics are in Spyders, for adding electrical accessories, I installed a fuse block. It's mounted over the battery and is energized only when the ignition is on, by means of a relay. That would solve your dilemma.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome