Thread: Apology

Spyder Garage

Default Apology

I've been warned by the "powers to be" that I have bypassed the Spyderlovers Forum Filters for language. This particular word was used in my latest thread "reduced power". That word in Australia is not classified as a swear word, and especially when used in my particular context, but it is slang with numerous meanings. Very commonly used here. I never set out to offend anyone, and if I have, I sincerely apologize.......treva.

Spyder Garage

This is posted for the benefit of those who are not aware:

See Forum Rules in green now at the top of the thread page when "forum" button is on.

Rule #4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

If what you post comes up as (******), then it is not permitted. Bypassing can result in an infraction or worse.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-13-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    See Forum Rules in green now at the top of the thread page when "forum" button is on.

Rule #4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

If what you post comes up as (******), then it is not permitted. Bypassing can result in an infraction or worse.
    Nothing I posted came up as [******]. I don't understand why you have repeated the warning '' CopperSpyder'' had sent to me. My answer is above, post 1 ''apology.'' Please read it again....treva

Spyder Garage

I have been following that thread. I went back and read it again. Didn't see any offending words in either case. They must have pulled it before I saw it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    I've been warned by the "powers to be" that I have bypassed the Spyderlovers Forum Filters for language. This particular word was used in my latest thread "reduced power". That word in Australia is not classified as a swear word, and especially when used in my particular context, but it is slang with numerous meanings. Very commonly used here. I never set out to offend anyone, and if I have, I sincerely apologize.......treva.
    "reduced power"? How was this used? Where you describing a person? Or were you referring to an engine problem? Need more info! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I have been following that thread. I went back and read it again. Didn't see any offending words in either case. They must have pulled it before I saw it.
    Me too (strange)
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Spyder Garage

I too am highly offended by reduced power.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Warnings were given, apologies were made and threads were edited. I’d say we covered what is necessary here so thread will be closed. If there’s anything else to be taken care of please do it via pm.

Thanks,

LC
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Two Post in that thread were deleted by me for bypassing forum language filters. I sent a PM to the persons that made the post and reminded them of the forum rules and asked to please not bypass the forum filters. I don't post publicly about this stuff and try to keep it between the OP and myself they can always send me a PM if they do not understand and I will try and explain. In this case there was no Formal action taken just a reminder. How do you bypass a filter? if I say He*lo Jim. You know I said Hello Jim. If I put in place a filter to filter out the word Hello when you go to post it, it will look like ***** Jim, so by going He*lo I have now by passed the filter and broken the forum rules.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Just to add a bit, the reason you won't find the language that worked around the rules is because the post itself has been edited.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White