Spyder Garage

Default Riders Advantage Warranty Price Question?

I have a quote from the dealer for extended warranties for my new 2019 Spyder. One is from BEST and one is from Riders Advantage. The one for an additional 36 months of BEST is around $700. Not out of line with what is on the forum. For the Riders Advantage Plan at 48 additional months is around $1150. Looking for some input as to the value of the 2 plans. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

is the Riders Advantage plan they're offering an extended warranty plan or is it a service plan? I got the Riders Advantage service plan and it covers 1 service and 1 oil change per year and also a new battery. There are about 4 different "levels" of service you can get and what you can get is different at each level. I probably have a brochure around somewhere that I could look at to see what is covered at what level, but it's probably also available on the internet.

If they're offering the service plan, find out what level it is and what is covered. I found it to be worthwhile at my high miles, but my husband who has half the miles I do didn't think it was for him.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Vehicle warranties are always best (no pun) from the manufacturer. Independent insurers can and have disappeared without notice and they aren't there when you need them most. Stick with B.E.S.T. for the best coverage.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I'd recommend reading this post I wrote awhile back regarding extended warranties & service contracts, and the differences between the two.

I'd say the BEST warranty is the better choice between the two, though personally I'd pick neither.
    2019 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The Riders Warranty I am looking at is only the warranty and not a service contract. Probably for obvious reason($$), the dealer I am using for the purchase is biased towards the Riders plan vs the BEST plan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Vehicle warranties are always best (no pun) from the manufacturer. Independent insurers can and have disappeared without notice and they aren't there when you need them most. Stick with B.E.S.T. for the best coverage.
    Exactly what RICZ said. Third party warranties look for any reason they can to not pay for a covered repair....
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I went with best because it is BRP and they use only BRP parts. It's also transferable to your next bike if you trade before the end of warranty. The markup on these things is huge. Shop around. I wouldn't go with a third party if OEM is available. A third party has no incentive to pay up whereas BRP has at least a moral pressure of keeping its bikes running properly. Just my two cents.

Good luck

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TimsSpyder View Post
    I have a quote from the dealer for extended warranties for my new 2019 Spyder. One is from BEST and one is from Riders Advantage. The one for an additional 36 months of BEST is around $700. Not out of line with what is on the forum. For the Riders Advantage Plan at 48 additional months is around $1150. Looking for some input as to the value of the 2 plans. Thanks.
    Can you PM me your dealer info? The dealers around me are sticking close to msrp on the B.E.S.T. warranty. They do have 100% mark-up

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I went with best because it is BRP and they use only BRP parts. It's also transferable to your next bike if you trade before the end of warranty. The markup on these things is huge. Shop around. I wouldn't go with a third party if OEM is available. A third party has no incentive to pay up whereas BRP has at least a moral pressure of keeping its bikes running properly. Just my two cents.

Good luck

J
    As far as I know the warranty stays with the bike. It transfers to the new owner.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Can you PM me your dealer info? The dealers around me are sticking close to msrp on the B.E.S.T. warranty. They do have 100% mark-up
    Try Berts Mega Mall. They are a dealer and an advertiser here. They have good prices on BEST. PS. You can buy BEST from ANY CanAm Spyder dealer. It is honored all over the country.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Try Berts Mega Mall. They are a dealer and an advertiser here. They have good prices on BEST. PS. You can buy BEST from ANY CanAm Spyder dealer. It is honored all over the country.
    Yup, aware of that. I sold bikes for a few years after retirement. My old employer not too willing to deal, as was my purchasing dealer. I have until late August 2021 to do this

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue