Spyder Garage

Question How do I Clean Scuff Marks on Black Plastic?

My passengers on my F3L are scuffing up the black plastic on the front of the saddlebags with their boots . I have washed it with car soap and water and the marks don't come off. I am hesitant to use armorall or something else without asking. Does anyone know a good way to clean that plastic and remove the scuff marks?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Prefix

Spyder Garage

Good tip. I am experiencing the same on my yellow RT. And I am the culprit.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-13-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Any cleaner polish detailer for matt finish should work. I use F11 but there are others like lamonsters detailer polish. No wax.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Don't have answer to buff out the scratches, but a way to protect the fender from additional damage is to use protection film. Its a clear film with clear pressure-sensitive adhesive that you can cut out a pattern and apply to cover the "area" on your fender. I used this on the hood of my autombile (to protect from rock/paint chipping). Additional information can be found on https://www.xpel.com/shop/additional-products/diy-kits. There are several companies that offer a paint protection film 3M etc.

Spyder Garage

303 aerospace protectant. put it on and when it dries buff it off with a microfiber cloth or t-shirt made from cotton.

I use it on all my black trim on my vehicles and I recently got a Ryker Ralley for my wife and did the entire bike with it. It gives you a shine similar to Armorall but not as glossy and most definitely no greasy feel
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamonster has a great product for this "Black Dyamond Trim Renew."
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.